Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Worst Day!!!




Jack  started crying...he had had the worst day. Hearing that from a six year is both sad and hilarious. On a six year old scale he really has had a bad day. He woke up to a dead turtle. Shelly belly (the turtle) has been a long time coming. I somehow was convinced that if he earned half the money I would pay for the rest of the turtle. I'm not a reptile person or a pet person for that matter but the look of his big blue eyes melts my heart always. My children are spoiled for a reason...they have their Mother wrapped around their fingers...all of them.

I gave Jack opportunities to earn money and he has had some money from the tooth fairy. Well the stupid turtles went on sale and he came home from Pet Smart informing me had earned enough (whoever heard of 50% off turtles). I made a deal and one thing I am not is a liar. So against my better judgment he got the turtle. I obviously wasn't happy about it and I had a hard time pretending I liked it. Shelly has been in our family for only like a month and she was pretty much a big dull dud. In retrospect she was probably on sale for a reason but my kids loved her. Last night the turtle died. It made me sad. I knew how sad Jackson would be. Wade being an even bigger softie than me went to Pet Smart last night at like 9:00 p.m. I didn't know if he would tell him or just try to trick him but this new turtle obviously was much healthier and is sloshing around the aquarium like it's on Meth. I'm pretty sure even Daniel would have been able to tell the difference. So now we have a new reptile. Jack was so sad and he periodically has cried throughout the day. He is excited that the new Shelly (he thinks all turtles should be named Shelly because of the shell) is fun and active. He has been feeding it fish and crickets and loving watching it hunt. I'm glad this awful reptile brings him so much joy but I'm still not going to like it.

Jack's day was also crappy because he had to have a tooth pulled. He has lost more teeth via the Dentist than any other way. Yesterday on the way to school he told me his tooth hurt. Luckily for him his uncle is his Dentist and was willing to let him come after school today. The laughing gas took the edge off and then he was brave.

He also forgot his homework which is not like him and it stressed him out. I told him we could make a copy of Truman's and then he felt better but I haven't done that yet. He was wrestling with Daniel and knocked him into the dresser and it made a big mark on Daniel and so he felt bad about that. The poor little boy just couldn't win. So I had him take a bubble bath and drink a soda in the tub because that is what I do when I have a bad day.

It was bad day for me too. It is never fun to have sad kids or sick kids. Today I had my fair share of both. Luke went to doctor and he has pneumonia no wonder he didn't sleep last night.  This little boy is very susceptible to respiratory illnesses. Dr. Doug suggested I get myself a doughnut because it was going to be a long week. I got myself a doughnut, a cookie, several Diet Mt. Dews, and a new shirt but it didn't make the day better so I guess I will go watch 30 Rock and The Office to lighten my mood. I'm quite certain that will work!!!  I told Jack tomorrow will be better and I believe me.

10 comments:

Jen said...

I pray that tomorrow is better for all of you. Stay strong.

Nicole said...

I can't believe you replaced the turtle. Hang in there Jack!

Sarah said...

Don't we all have days like that which stinks. hope the turtle fiasco is solved. I just might have to get my kids a turtle- I think I could handle that one.

Leslie said...

Wow...he did have a bad day and he's lucky he has a daddy that a softy.

Heather said...

Ah man. I can't believe Luke has pneumonia again. Seriously Jess. Hang in there. I would like to meet Shelly!

Turpin Times said...

Great story. Life as a kid is rough.

Kim Ward said...

Sorry about Shelly and the bad day. Hope Luke is doing better.

Cheri said...

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. JK. You are really good about going with the flow. you're great!

Kirstin Schmidt said...

I think Jack and I can join the BAD DAY room in my mind! Hey I'm just grateful for a good day! Just so you know I think you are one fantastic Mother and an incredible friend! Thanks for all you do for everyone! Especially me!

Kirstin Schmidt said...

P.S. When you got the new shirt did you take an old one out of your closet? Just checking!! If you did you can come put it in my nicely organized closet. Ummm... never mind it wouldn't fit on my thigh if I tried to.