Sunday, November 29, 2009

What are you thankful for?




I'm a little late in this post but I couldn't let the month of November slip by without making a post of Thanks. I have so much to be thankful for the list could go on and on. I love the mormon ads that are available on youtube and lds.org. If you get a chance watch In the Spirit of Thanksgiving. I watched this with my boys and it asks a great question. What are you Grateful for? This is a small portion of my list.

* Kids! I love them. I am so happy to be a mom and have the daily interactions with three crazy little boys. They teach me so much.
* Wade. He is the best. We finish each other's sentences. I guarantee if I am with Wade he knows what I'm thinking (sometimes this is bad). He has total respect for me and what I do.
* Parents. Jerry and Kathy are the greatest examples. They continue to teach me and haven't quit parenting me. They are fantastic grandparents and believe just as strongly in being good grandparents as being good parents. My boys are lucky. Also Mike and Sherie are such great parents to Wade. They have been so kind and welcoming to me. They also love their grandchildren and give them many oppportunities.
* Siblings. I speak to all of my siblings most days. That is rare. Thanks to them for their continuous love and support they are my greatest friends. Wade also is close to his siblings. We are lucky to have each other.
* Prosperity. Wade has a good job, we have a nice home, and everything we need. We also have plenty we don't need and I'm grateful for the abundance of blessings.
* Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have been taught the gospel from an early age and it has been my greatest blessing. It is nice to have a compass by which to lead your life. All of my tough decisions have been made easy through the gospel.
* Friends. I have several great friends. I sometimes come off as unfriendly which is not on purpose but I haven't felt the void of lacking friendships very often in my life. I have had my childhood friends my entire life and could call them at any point. They have been a true blessing. I also have new friends that I hope will also be lasting friendships.
* Books, television, clothing, exercise, food, movies, games, shoes, bathtub, and many many more simple pleasures that make my life great.

What are you grateful for?

7 comments:

Kim Ward said...

Great post. We have been blessed with so much. I am grateful for you and the wonderful blessing you are in my life.

Nicole said...

Very Good. I am glad you are my sister and friend.

Leslie said...

What a great post! I think we need to reminded how luck we are and how truly blessed we are!

Heather said...

All of the above. YOU!

Natty said...

Great post, great reminder. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend.

Cheri said...

thanks Jessica!!! great post and I'm glad to be one of your friends.

Jerry said...

Jessica,
Great post. Thanks for the fun Grandkids. I think they are pretty funny. We do have so much to be thankful for. I love being a Grandma and your Dad is the funnest Grandpa in the world. He truly loves his grandkids and thinks about them all of the time. Out of the clear blue he will say something about one of the Grands and how truly amazing they are. I laugh when ever I think about the last thing he said about one of our amazing grandkids. Love, MOM