Sunday, January 10, 2010

January Goals

Last year I posted my goals on my blog and I think it helped because I actually knew where I had written them down.  This year I am trying the same thing only I think I am going to make short term goals because by May I have forgotten most of them.  But for the record I did pretty good on my resolutions.  As Karma asked in church today "Am I better this year than I was last?"  I think this is something to always be asking yourself.  So in order for me to answer this I decided to look back from Jan 2009 and see how I did. 

Temple attendance:  better but I still have a LONG way to go.
3 Sewing Projects ✓
Exercise 5X a week.  I give this a half ✓.
I read all the book club books but one.  That book is on my read list for this year.  My favorite book we read was "The Book Thief".  This was an excellent book. 
Take more pictures ✓✓✓ 
Selling Syrup-not happening
Digital Scrapbooking-ZERO
Races-ZERO
3 sewing projects ✓
Play with boys more ✓

So I guess I have a ways to go.  This year I am going to post my monthly goals and some of them are dumb and shallow but I know this about myself.

January 2010

Attend temple once {you have to start somewhere}!
Lose 5 lbs
Purchase no makeup
Finish my 365 from 2009
Decorate one room until it feels complete

At the end of the month I hope I can feel like I did better than the month before.

7 comments:

Turpin Times said...

Great job Jess. I like the idea of posting monthly. It's a great time to re-evaluate and keep focused. Good luck to you.

Chrystie said...

Good luck with your goals! It is smart to do them monthly, I can never remember what my resolutions were by March either. Your goal about "buying no makeup" made me laugh. :)

Heather said...

Jess..let me know when James and I can come hang out with your boys so you can go to the temple. We'd love it!

Nicole said...

We can do a babysitting swap. Good goals.

Cheri said...

I love dumb shallow goals. I like this idea I might try it myself.

The Taylor Family said...

After you decorate your one room until it feels complete, will you come and do that for a room in my house????

Jerry said...

Jessica,
I love your goals. I think I will try that also. I know you will get the goal of no makeup this month. Love, MOM