Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer Update!

He is the funniest!  He has pooped in his pool twice!!!


This summer has flown by! Today I woke up  and felt like I was missing it.  Not that we haven't done anything but we definitely have our usual activities and I thought I better try to fit in some fun before the time is gone.  Jackson has been on a swim team and they practice everyday.  I have also been training for the St. George Marathon and that has also filled up my mornings.  I also have gone to an adult swim workout twice a week and that has been lots of fun for me.

Touching the finish line!  He lost his goggles on the dive in!




Jack's swimming is finally and he has had a great time.  I can't believe the progress he has made.  He can actually swim.  He came home and told me he was learning the Butterfly.  I was impressed.  His last meet he had to swim a 50 and he was nervous but he did great.  He took second place and I think was impressed with himself.  The backstroke is his favorite and he did really well in those events.  He asked me the other day if Michael Phelps had to die for him to break his record.  I laughed.  I'm glad he dreams big!  If swimming doesn't pan out he has baseball as his backup... he can't believe how much money they make!

Daniel has also taken swimming lessons and loves it.  I feel like if he doesn't have to go to the bathroom during the 30 minute lesson then it was a success.  He is such a funny kid.  He loves friends but is perfectly content by himself.  He is obsessed with Harry Potter.  My neighbor Julie dropped off lightning bolt tattoo's and he is using them up quickly.  He puts spells on everyone.  We were in the airport and he took out a wand (Crayola marker) and told some lady to eat slugs!  She wasn't amused.  Luke has also picked up the habit.  He is slowly making small sentences but he has no problem cursing people.

Today we went to the Zoo as part of my cramming in fun sessions.  Luke has never been and he loved it.  He is a fiery little boy (some people have called him bratty) but he was so well behaved.  He was making animals and waving good bye.  He kept saying cute elephant (that baby Zuri is pretty dang cute).  It was very fun and the weather was perfect.
They can't all look at the same time


As part of my marathon training I ran the Bountiful 1/2 on July 24.  Who knew Bountiful had a half?  Wade said he would run with me and we signed up the morning of.  It was fun and we ran it in 2 hours flat.  Our last two miles were slow but Wade hurt his knee and I was worn out.  He probably won't being running long distances anymore.  He is such a great sport and wanted me to have someone to run with.  He hadn't trained at all.  It is so annoying that he can just go run 13 miles with no problem (minus knee)!  Cheri and Nicole have also helped me get my long runs done.  They have each taken on portions of my long runs so that I won't get bored.  Thanks girlies!

I have started to write about ten blogs but I never finish so hopefully I will be back.  This is my history/journal/scrapbook!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

It's great to see you back!!!! Wow, what a fun packed summer you been having!!!

Heather said...

Michael and Jack should have a swim race. Nice work on the half marathon! St. George will be fantastic. Glad to see you made it to the zoo. I agree, Zuri is darling. Your boys are so cute and fantastic. Love you.

Jen said...

I wish I had known about the Bountiful 1/2 that would have been fun. My 1/2 is fast approaching and I can only dream of finishing in 2 hours flat. I am hoping for 2.5 being that I am a slow runner.