Friday, September 30, 2011

First Day of School (6 weeks ago)

Love these boys

It seemed like summer flew by this year. The rainy June really cramped my style. I love summer and was so sad to see it end. The first day of school is always fun and exciting. I can't believe I have two kids in school. I love these boys. I know it is good to have a routine and structure but I have missed my lazy summer days. In fact I don't think we had many of them. Lately I have realized life is busy and I have had to adjust to my new "normal".

Daniel was so excited for Kindergarten. He has Mrs. Armkenecht and is thrilled. She will be very good for him. My hopes for Daniel this year in school are to enjoy school, learn to hold still, make friends and relax (he is OCD).

Jack is starting third grade. I can't believe how fast time goes. I don't feel old enough to have an eight year old but it is getting hard to remember life without him. He is a delight. I hope he continues to love school, works hard, and is nice to everyone.

I am happy to still have Luke at home with me. One more year with no pre-school. I love spending my days with this crazy kid. He keeps me busy and on my toes. He went to the ranch with Wade the other day and I couldn't believe how quiet it was and how easy it was to get stuff done. He is rambunctious but I wouldn't change him!

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

All your boys are so cute. It has been fun driving to school with Jack, I have learned a lot from him already. He taught me that S-C-H-O-O-L stands for "Seven Crappy Hours Of Our Lives." I never knew that before.

Heather said...

That comment from your friend made me laugh! Your boys are fabulous. And they have a fabulous mom and dad.