Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Coin For Colleen


My sweet Aunt Colleen was recently injured in a horse accident.  She was bucked off a horse and her life has been changed forever.She is paralyzed from the waist down.  As you can imagine the difficulties and challenges that lie ahead for she and her family, we are trying to help her raise money to remodel her home, pay for wheel chairs, and general medical expenses.

Matt Ward, the founder of the DirtyDash has generously offered to donate 25% of registration fees used with the code coinforcolleen. The races take place on September 17 & 24th.  There is a 5k or a 10k and also an event for children. We are hoping to have as much support as possible.  You can register at www.thedirtydash.com.

Colleen is determined, strong, fun, loving, passionate, and smart. I hope I have the ability to face life's challenges with the kind of grace Colleen has.  In the spirit of Colleen who loves the outdoors and getting dirty join us for some guaranteed fun.


If exercise isn't your thing (which it should be) you can also donate at any America First Credit Union or on paypal with ccobiafund@gmail.com.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good work spreading the word Jess. I hope the Dirty Dash is a huge success. I've passed it along to a few folks who are running.