Sunday, June 19, 2011

Okay fine perfect


This is Luke's latest favorite phrase.  I will tell him something and he responds with "okay fine perfect"  It doesn't matter if it is perfect.  It is usually when I am telling him no but this is his immediate response.  It is hilarious.  He has many funny phrases as all kids do.  He also says "Are you kidding me?"  He has such expression.  I think he picked that one up from me.  The other day he said to Wade "You change your mind like a girl changes clothes"  That he picked up from Katy Perry.  I guess I need to edit down my music.  He also tells everyone "I love you very very much".  The other night he had crawled into my bed and woke me up to say that.  He is so sweet and naughty.

I love listening to kids talk.  Some of my favorite moments are in the car when I listen to my children talking to each other or their friends.  It is amazing what they pick up on and how they mimic those around them.  All of my boys pick up on lyrics to songs.  I can't hear them correctly but they are just like their Dad and can hear anything.  Jack hears everything.  It doesn't matter where it comes from if he hears it he will eventually repeat it back verbatim. 

Lately we have spent MANY evenings at the baseball field.  The other night Truman (my nephew) was playing pitcher and he threw the ball to first base to get a boy out and they called the boy safe.  He clearly wasn't safe but Truman said to Isaac "That is bull s*%t. "  Isaac promptly told on him and he said he didn't mean to.  It wasn't his fault he comes by it rightly.  He comes from a  long line of swearers.  We try but we all know we have little potty mouths.  I guess we need to keep trying.

I love little boys.  I love talking with them but I especially love listening to them.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Your boys are so funny. I'm laughing about the Truman trash talk.

Marcia said...

Jess --- I am going to miss Luke SO much on Sunday's! I get such a kick out of him, I love reading and playing with him. He cracks me up, one thing he LOVES to do is throw the babies in the garbage (to the horror of the girls) and just laughs and laughs. My life is fuller for knowing your son!

Kim Ward said...

Lukey makes me laugh everytime I see him. He is okay, fine, perfect!

Natty said...

So funny. Even though I never see them, I know we would be friends. Drake told Chris the other night (with scissors in hand) that he was cutting the grass because it looked ridiculous. Okay....Drake love to sing "if I Die Young" by the Band Perry. I love Luke's expressions. So cute. He also likes "follow the Costco" (sung to the same tune as follow the prophet...hmm..)

Leslie said...

so funny and sweet!