Sunday, June 5, 2011

What smells like...


As many of you know I have an extremely sensitive nose.  This is one trait that my little Dan has inherited from me.  At least five times a day he says "What smells like...whatever?"  His most common offensive smells are gasoline, gas (bodily), poo, and chocolate.  He loves chocolate but not coming from someone's breath.  The other morning he asked me "What smells like sausage?"  I said "I don't know."  Dan said "I think it's coming from my stomach."  Wade and I laugh at this daily.  It is always something and sometimes when I think something smells good he assures me it does not.  

Daniel is such a happy boy.  He lives in his own world and when I tell him this he reminds me he lives on the planet Earth.  He doesn't need anyone to entertain him.  He loves coloring, puzzles, reading, DS, and television.  He most often plays with Luke and Lucy.  Friends are not all that important to him.  He loves them but is so entertained by himself that he doesn't usually ask to play.  He worships Jack and tolerates Luke.  He is very OCD and likes things done correctly.  Luke is usally the biggest offender in our family.  Dan comes unglued when someone isn't following the rules.  
This spring he has played soccer and baseball.  He is so excited to go but once he is there he looks as though he has no interest.  Wade is the coach and is positively certain he is the worst on the team.  If he is paying attention he is actually good but he is to easily distracted.  We took him to the batting cages and he did awesome with the fast ball but the slow coach pitch he struggles.  Oh well, as long as he is having fun right?  

  I will be so sad when he leaves me in the fall for Kindergarten.  I love this boy so much and am so grateful he is my little boy.


4 comments:

Heather said...

He is a treasure, and I wish I got to hang out more with Danner. Lovely post Jess.

Chrystie said...

He is so funny. He was telling me in the car one day how he is going to make a "Dan-o-Lantern" out of his pumpkin in the fall, since Jack gets to make a Jack o'Lantern. I laughed all the way to preschool.

Cheri said...

He is a cutie pie! love Danner

Kim Ward said...

Danner is one of a kind. Loved watching him chew his food 100 times on Sunday.