Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Good Ideas

My book club is called the Bookies. I know it's kind of dumb but Heather and I made it up and we are quite proud of our little club. We started like five years ago and it is people I grew up with and our Mom's, sisters, and even sometimes husbands. Over the years we have had new people join and a couple move away. It is a little loud and we sometimes have a hard time staying on topic but we get to catch up with each other. Without book club and blogging I probably wouldn't see many of these friends and they are dear. I look forward to book club each month and I plan most activities around it. Wade laughs at me but he knows how important it is for me.

The last couple of years in my book club we have had a good ideas night. This is where everyone brings something that they think is great. We each pick a number and then play a game where you steal and fight. Carol added a timer and it made it really fun. Last year I took an apron because I love to cook and I think you should look good while doing it so I brought a cute apron. This year we had so many great ideas I wanted to share them with everyone.

Jocelyn - Vaseline Cocoa Butter Gel & Banana Boat Chapstick {personal favorites}
Kathy- Nail Buffer from Dead Sea {I have one and it is amazing}
Laurie- Hand Sanitizer purse sprays & Mr. Clean Magic Erasers { I was the winner of these}
Linda- Pounce game sold at Desert Book. {I'm getting this for me and my kids}
Faye- Scented plastic bags used for stinky diapers
Betty- Toe Strengtheners. to help strengthen your feet and ankles.
Nicole- Lash Discovery Mascara {I highly recommend this}
Heather- Costco Reusable Bags. They are huge!
Mindi- Cute magnets and an explanation of how to make them. { I am making these this week}
Carole-Homemade apron that adjusts. {super cute and hot item of the night}
Kim- Subscription to "Seeing the Everyday" magazine.
Emily- Caress Tahitian bath gel, homemade Carmel apple, & a calendar
Jessica- Calderea Ginger Counter top Spray

Super fun night. Thanks Bookies!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Great post Jess. Thanks for posting all the good ideas! I think I've already thought of a good idea for next year. Bookies is the BEST. I look forward to it each month as well. But I didn't even hardly get to talk to you last week!

Jen said...

I'm sad that I missed club but at the same time relieved because I can never think of "good ideas."

It sounds like you had fun.

Leslie said...

Wow...what great ideas! It sound you have a blast at least once of months with great friends!

Turpin Times said...

Thanks for posting these ideas. Were you able to find "Pounce!" at Deseret Book? I want to get it for my boys also. Where do you get your counter top spray?

Natty said...

I was seriously soo bummed to miss this! It's one of my favorite activities and it sounded like a fun night with great ideas. I'm glad Bookies is still going strong!

Cheri said...

Thanks for sharing this list. I think I will try some of the things you recommend.

Kirstin Schmidt said...

How fun!! Thanks for the ideas. It's good to have such great friends!! It it's good to see what clever ideas they have up their sleeves!f

The Taylor Family said...

Sounds like a bunch of fun! Do you think you will be able to teach us how to make the cute magnets? You are so crafty!