Thursday, April 23, 2009

Creepy!


I have a few things/people in my life that are just creepy! Since the three day window of good weather one in particular just keeps coming around...THE ICE_CREAM TRUCK! It totally creeps me out and usually (not always) the driver has creepy glasses and is sitting back so far in his seat like he is some sort of secret agent. I just saw the guy three seconds ago and I am completely GROSSED OUT! Some of you probably think it's great but I just don't like it! Whenever I hear those musical trucks I quickly count my kids and make sure they are in my eyesight. I am a mean mom who doesn't let my kids patronize the trucks but I'd rather take them to Baskin Robins. So hurry and count your kids because the Ice-Cream truck is out! I remember emptying my ginormous piggy bank and chasing that crazy singing truck but I realize I was flawed. Sorry if any of you drive the truck I'm sure most of them are nice but I just can't get on board.

12 comments:

Kim Ward said...

Have to say I agree. Loved it as a kid but, the ice cream truck in our nieghborhood, also creepy.

Turpin Times said...

I HATE the ice cream truck and my kids know it. When it comes around they know that it's a stranger and STAY AWAY! I don't think it's being a mean Mom - things are different now than they were then, sadly.

Heather said...

I remember chasing that thing with you. But now, seriously, freakish. No way we're even getting close to that thing. I agree with you and Mindi, things are different now.

Alissa said...

that is so funny just today the Ice Cream truck came by our house and I told Kaiya to stay away cuz the ice cream man is a kidnapper:)

Cheri said...

I have to agree.. I've never let my kids get anything from the ice cream truck. I have to go one step further and say where does he get his ice cream? and has he done anything to it? maybe he has tainted it and when he knows your out cold will he come back to your house and rob you? or something worse take your kids or do something to you?? I don't know..

Leslie said...

You're so funny the ice cream is my favorite as a kid but I won't let my kids buy any for them...we head to the supermarket for that!

Natty said...

I didn't know the ice cream truck still went around! I remember a creepy one in our neighborhood growing up though.

Amanda said...

I TOTALLY agree! The drivers always look creepy. We just watch and when my kids ask to get some I just say no - so I guess that makes me the mean mom, too.I want to know who's buying so these guys think it's worth it!

Nicole said...

Agreed!

Steve, Bridgit, and Kids said...

I totally agree with you. I do the head count too everytime I hear that music coming down the street. It would just be too easy to grab a child and be gone. It just seems like it would be the perfect job for a predator. I wish it would be banned.

The Taylor Family said...

I was totally cracking up reading that just thinking of some creepy people you know!!!! :)

Shauna Hardy said...

Too funny...Matt and I always joke that they hire child perdators to drive the ice cream trucks. CREEPY!