Sunday, May 3, 2009

Lately

Lately I haven't been blogging, facebooking, or using the Internet.  It is one of my biggest time wasters and I have had to many other things going on.  I love this time waster but I had to give up something and Sweeps (t.v) is starting and I can't give up my programs.  Seriously Wade totally makes fun of me because I have certain shows I love.  So lately we have been doing baseball, soccer, swimming lessons, yard work, cleaning, laundry, cooking, baking, staining the deck, car pooling, exercising, birthday parties galore and not shopping.  

I made my goal of one month without shopping.  I was even invited to shopping parties and I had to decline.  Nicole didn't think I could go without clothes but I can.  So last night I went to Nordstrom (my mother ship) .  The problem was Wade came with me.  Truthfully I usually like to shop by myself or with a select few.  Wade is o.k. but he holds me back.  He tells me to buy but the guilt just takes over when he is with me so I end up with stuff for the kids and an eyelash curler.  With all the shoes in Nordstrom and I end up with an eyelash curler!  I guess I'll just have to apply myself this week.  

Jack was the VIP in school this week so we had to make the poster and take a treat.  He was so excited.  The poster was so fun to make because I sorted through my many pictures of the little cutie pie.  He is so handsome and fun.  I love my boys.  They crack me up and I can't imagine life without them.  Here are a few random snapshots from the past little while.  Hopefully I will have something interesting to blog about this week.  By the way people need to post more often because I'm bored.


                                   I wasn't buying clothes so I went to Orson Gygi.  Big mistake!
I made cake pops (below) with all that stuff for Jack's VIP.  They turned out pretty cute but there were some seriously ugly ones first.  Cheri helped me and then Wade helped me.  I made them again today and it took 1/2 the time it did the first time.  


                              My happy little Luke with Grandpa at Sunday dinner.


                         Bandanna's from the Jazz game.  My boys love free junk.  They were pirates,                                      bandits, cowboys all at the same time.  It makes for a nice Sunday activity.


                                           Jack and Luke playing.  My boys are the best babysitters.  

                                             He looks so serious.





                                                            More Soccer.


                             Jack as the VIP.  He was so excited for his brothers to be at school.  Daniel tried to steal the show when we read Piggie Pie.  At our house we call Dan a pig and so we read the story "Dan Pie."  He kept yelling at me to read it the Dan way.  It was slightly embarrassing.
Piggie Pie is a must read for kids.  I love it.


Random post but it's my journal.

13 comments:

Kim Ward said...

I like random posts. Luke is looking so big in those pictures. The cake pops look like they turned out good. look for a Post a day this week from me.

Kim Ward said...

Jess we commented on each others blogs at almost the exact same time. Which I found funny!

Heather said...

Apple Dans and Dan Pie. What a lucky kid. Those cupcake pops were delicious! I'm going to be calling you this week to get the down-low 'cause I want to make them.
I'll update my blog this week.
Luke is such a cutie pie!

Jen said...

Did the cake pops actually taste good? I have not tried to make them because I didn't know if they were just pretty but taste gross or pretty and yummy.

Leslie said...

Girl great job with your goal of not shopping because I know that's a hard goal to keep!!! Your kiddies are getting so big and I think cake pops looked yummy.

Brandice said...

I went to Nordstrom Saturday, too, with Mike, and came home sans shoes as well. Bummer. Good job making it the whole month! I love Jack's poster. You are so creative. Chloe always loved Gritch the witch, but I can see why Dan would want it to be about him. They are such cute boys.

Amanda said...

I was going to try to talk Annie into letting me have a bite of hers but she ate it all before I could even ask! I LOVE Orson Gygis - I could spend a fortune on stuff for the kitchen.

Natty said...

Looks like the Olsen's have been busy. Your boys are very handsome and Luke is getting so big!

Cheri said...

You are now the cake pop queen. Good luck. thanks for having me over to help. It was a riot. :)

Kirstin Schmidt said...

WOW! Dan's name is in everything what a lucky kid to be in your house and have everything named after you!! I took a bite of Isaac's and they were delicous! Good job!! Looks like Jack had a fun week! Congrats! on the shopping, glad you went to Nordstrom and TARGET all in one day! WHEW!!

Sherwoods said...

Looks like you have had fun! Send me your email address and I will invite you to my blog so you have more posts to read. There is never a dull moment here! amandajsherwood@yahoo.com

Nicole said...

It has been a busy few weeks for you. Good Job on the no new clothes for one month. The next challenge will be only essential spending for 1 week. Gas, groceries etc.

Jerry said...

Jessica what a nice post. I do think you can do anything that you put your mind to. My children are super talented. Love MOM