Yesterday at 9:00 a.m.
Daniel: "Can I go to Drew's"
Me: " No, honey it is to early and I think he goes to the babysitters today."
I proceed to change the laundry (it was Monday) and then I come out of the Laundry room and the front door is open. I know immediately where he is. I march down to the Willard's and knock on the door. Daniel and Drew are in there laughing and playing. I think Holly is upstairs in the shower or maybe if she is lucky asleep. I tell Daniel to get home. I'm giving him a lecture on the way back when Grandma Kathy arrives and saves Daniel from a long miserable lecture and possibly a spanking. Naughty little boy.
A little over 24 hours later.
Jack goes to play with Truman and Daniel insists on staying. I ran to get the baseball treat and me and Nicole a soda. While I'm gone they end up MIA. She was out working in the yard and she said all the sudden she couldn't hear them anymore and went searching. She couldn't find them anywhere and was on her bike searching her neighborhood. She had a neighbor searching as well. After her blood pressure was maxed she found them two streets over in some random persons yard. I wouldn't mess with Nicole so I don't know why they are so dumb. She layed into them and made them sit on the couch until I got home. The last thing I said to the boys was "stay in Nicole's yard. Don't leave. " I'm really glad my kids listen to me. Whatever.
Leaving without asking is the worse kind of sin. I have zero tolerance. But Wade {being the paranoid parent} is much less rational than I. I made the boys tell their dad and he had all sorts of punishments. I had to save them a little bit but they are "off" friends. Tonight after baseball Ryan Willard asked the boys if they wanted to come and play and Jackson said "I can't I'm off friends" So at least he knew the right answer. Hopefully they will learn their lesson so they can be safe and back "on" friends.
By the way I didn't beat my children I just wanted to.
punks!
16 comments:
Oh the wrath of Nicole AND Jessica. And THEN their dad? Woah. I think the kiddos might remember this one.
My blood pressure is rising just thinking about Nicole riding around her neighborhood.
I just loaned Julie a book called "True Mom Confessions". You are not the only mother who wants to beat their children on occasion, in a book or otherwise. I love the phrase "off friends". We use the phrase "off child duty", but I want to adapt yours when I have to punish my naughty 12-year-old. Wish I could tell you it gets better as they get older, but sadly, no.
Jessica I remember one time when you did not want to sweep the side walk. After that episode I felt like beating you and the cops. I think I hate cops
Boys will be boys. That is hilarious! I would be afraid of Nicole.
They are cute little punks though! That picture of Danner is soooo cute. I totally understand where you are coming from...running off is one of those things that you just can't put up with! I haven't had to deal with runaways yet, but I am sure I will get my turn. So, you will have to remember how you break them of it (without beatings) and pass on the info.
Yikes! Wandering kids totally freaks me out. I need to meet Nicole.
I wish I could have seen the color of Nicoles face! JK Nicole!! Jord was a runnaway and I am like Wade"worse case scenario" always plays in the back of my mind. I so glad I know your cute kids, I don't think they're punks. :)
I'm glad they are safe, and also glad to hear this happen to someone other than me. Andrew and Lexie did this the summer they were 3 and and 20 months. Not good.
Oh Boy! Glad I wasn't around to see you two mad... watch out!!! the things our kids put us through.
Too funny. I'm not sure I believe those innocent angel faces would do such a thing!
Daniel and Drew!! Those two cute little boys! Sounds like they are Nothing but trouble! When combined they are hard to handle!! The problem is that they are so adorable!! What a funny pair. Glad Nicole found the kids and glad she didn't hesitate a talking to!
Well I am so glad that I am so well thought of. They did have me nervous though.
Sad thing is I have had two kids who had some runaways and it's not funny at all! I confess, I wanted to spank their little behinds but I was so grateful that no crazy person kidnapped or hurt my child....we talking ages with both 2. I don't think they truly understand what they did was wrong but I definitely put better locks on my door. So I hope your boys learned their lesson.
JEss I am also ready for a new blog from you.
How about, what you love about summer.
I remember when Michael was a run away with Red. He was only about two and he had Red on a leash. I am surprised that red didn't drag Michael that day. Motherhood is a challenge. Love, MOM
Post a Comment