Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Miss Kim


Last week was crappy. I'm normally (I think) a positive optimistic person but last week I wasn't feeling it. I was overly sensitive and I know why. . . my sister Kim left. She moved to Dallas and I'm super sad. I can't stand it. My family is extremely close and we all live by each other. I've known she was leaving for a little over a month but it just didn't seem real. I'm so excited for she and her family and I'm sure they will have a great experience. I think it is probably good for a family to be away from their big family and to focus on each other. I wish them well but I will miss my Andrew, Lexie and Anna so much.

Sisters are the best and I have two great sisters. I rely on them so much and love my relationship with them. Kim will be missed each week at Sunday dinner and all the random functions. It will seem so quiet without her three little kids. I will miss my pretend sleepovers with them and rolling her girls hair in sponge curlers. I love you guys so much and wish you luck in all your new adventures. We can't wait to visit Texas. Texans are great and they are super warm and friendly. I know you guys made the right choice for your family but I feel a little empty. I love you Kim.

8 comments:

Brandice said...

Jessica, that's so nice. I wish I had that kind of relationship with my sister. I can tell how much I am missing out on just by the few things you mentioned that you guys do together. I hope everything goes well for them and your cute nephew and nieces. I love sponge curlers.

Sarah said...

I am sure it was a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day when she drove away. So sorry Jess. At least you still have Nic around and am sure there will be many fun visits to Texas. Good thing there are phones, internet and you need to look into skype if you both have computer cameras you can see and talk to each other on through the computer. I am trying to convince Nic to getting a camera so we can see her kids. Hope this week is a better one for you.

Jen said...

I'm sad Kim won't be at book club anymore.

Leslie said...

It's always hard to have love ones move away but you will still have a close relationship and now you will plan trips to visit them.

Cheri said...

Kim-I will miss seeing your kids at Jessica's house.

Jessica-I think you have a great family and I know Kim will be missed by all. I don't know about visiting Texas...I guess it depends on what part. JK.

Heather said...

I'm sorry Jess. It stinks.
She'll be back.

Natty said...

I miss Berla too. It was quite pathetic how little we saw of each other when we lived only 2 miles away from each other and now she's gone. Lame. Lame. Lame.

Jerry said...

Jessica, I felt the same way last week just sort of grumpy and annoyed I can't believe that they are so far away and we can't seem them every week or so. I love your boys so I will just have to see them more often. Love MOM