Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th!


I love the Fourth of July! It is right up there with Christmas. I'm so thankful to live in this country. I am Proud to be an American. I remember being in Israel on my study abroad and just longing for America. I think we all take our freedoms for granted and I wanted to acknowledge the blessing that it is to live in the "Land of the Free".

This past weekend was so fun. We spent a day at the ranch fishing, two nights of fireworks, BBQ, dinner with family, neighborhood breakfast, and Wade and I actually went on a date with both dinner and a movie. The boys also went golfing with their Dad and Grandpa Mike and they loved it.

Jack & Danny both caught huge fish. Jack wasn't sure he wanted to touch it. Also Jack ate about half of that fish himself. He was so proud of himself.

I'm not sure Danny really wanted to touch it either. You catch it you have to touch it.

Wyatt and his buddies all went up to fish. They had a really fun time.
Pre-fireworks. The boys couldn't hold still.

The first night Luke slept through the fireworks. Night two he was facinated.
The Red, White, and Blue Trifle I made for Sunday dinner. I really need a trifle dish.

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Great Pictures Jess and the dessert look amazing.

Kim Ward said...

The Dessert does look delicious. I love fresh berries I think they are so pretty. I"m glad you had a good holiday. Hope all is going well. We miss you.

Tami Harris said...

Glad you had such a great weekend! It's definitely one of my favorite holidays as well. By the way...the dessert looks soo yummy. I have a trifle bowl that I got for my wedding that has still never been taken out of the box. I think I remember from the last move. I don't know if I finally got rid of it or if it's still down in storage. I need to pull it out and have you make me something like that! haha.

Heather said...

I know what I'm getting you for your birthday. Don't let anybody else get it for you.

Heather said...

The dessert looks delish by the way. Was that from your "Favorite" recipe box, by any chance?

Nicole said...

The triffle was yummy! I need a new day 1. I have been terrible this week. I love you and your family. P.S. I have never been to the ranch.

Jerry said...

that was good stuff Jess.I thine had a good 4th. The boys are ful of it.Dad

Natty said...

Looks like you've been having fun. I love the fireworks at the Salt Lake Country Club. Your trifle is making my mouth water!