When I go shopping I like to get a cookie from the Nordstrom E bar. Before they opened the new store their cafe had the best cookies. The Nordstrom Royal cookie was my favorite. When the new store opened they didn't have those anymore but they had a delicious flower sugar cookie. Sugar cookies are not my favorite but for some reason this particular cookie is different. I have been with Wade and both of my brothers when I have bought this cookie and they all inform me of what a rip off it is. I know. But have they ever made sugar cookies? That would be a big fat NO! I consider myself a fairly decent baker. I have had my flour mishaps over the years but at this point in my life I can bake some tasty treats. I never make sugar cookies because of the cutting, decorating and the mess.
Yesterday I ran out to the mall to pick up something I was having altered and I didn't have much time because Dan was at a friends and he was being dropped off in 1 1/2 hours. I quickly picked up my dress and looked for something for our Mom's and then remembered the delicious cookie and went to pick one up. They were out. It was l0:30 a.m. So on my way home I thought I will just save myself the $5.00 on cookies and make them myself. I looked on the internet and found a great recipe. Five hours later I finished. Not without the help from Emily. She came to pick Landon up and helped me finish Icing them. They are a big fat pain. I swear I will never make them again. They are delicious but they are super ugly. I started using the icing bag and then realized it is not in my genetic makeup to decorate cakes, cookies, and pastries. I am waaaay to impatient. I really envy the Cake Boss. So that is why I pay $2.50 for a cookie. It tastes great and I do zero work for it. It may seem like a rip but for some but I can appreciate the talent and I am willing to pay for it. To have it look good and taste good is a talent.
If you can't tell I made Rocket Ships and Trains. I started with a couple of colors and eventually mixed them all together and slapped the stuff on. In my head they were cute!
Moral of the story is $2.50 for a decorated cookie, cupcake , pastry...BARGAIN!
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I liked the flour mishaps reference. You can do sugar cookies Jess (remember when you couldn't do crafts either, and now look at yourself), maybe next time start with an easier shape to frost! I have a recipe for you: sugar cookie bars. You can just slap the frosting on. Let me know if you want it.
You can't put a price on a good treat. That is why I pay four dollars for a piece of cake at Bakers.
When the craving hits and you find just the right treat, it is worth any price.
If it save you from a headache, then buy them...I completely agree!
I told you sugar cookies, not worth it. Maybe the only cookie I think I would rather buy than make myself. People often under value work they don't do themselves.
I key is finding a tasty cookie that you didn't bake yourself.
I'd pay $2.50 for a good cookie anyday. I have to say that I benefited from Nordstrom being out of cookies...I got a plate of rocket ships and trains. They tasted great!!!
Post a Comment