Taking my kids to school is one of the funniest parts of the day.
Jack: Mom can Landon come over?
Me: Yes, but it is a really nice day so you need to play outside.
Landon: Oh we are. We need to practice soccer
Jack: Ya, we have a big game on Monday
Me: Your soccer game is on Monday?
Jack: No, we are playing against the 4th and 5th graders on Monday
Landon: We challenged them to a game.
Me: You challenged the 4th and 5th graders to a game?
Jack: Truman did. He arranged it. We are going to have 5 goalies so they won't ever get a goal
Landon: Ya me and Jack are goalies
I just laughed. They didn't practice soccer and they lost the big game. I asked how it went on Monday and Jack said it wasn't what he expected.
Jack: Mom I am worried about the Polar Bears.
Me: Why?
Jack: Because the Polar Ice Cap is melting and the carbon fuels from all of these cars is using to much gasoline and it is causing the earth to warm up.
Me: That isn't totally true. I think people need to do their part but we don't control the climate. The earth takes care of itself and we just need to help it. Hasn't the earth gone through warming and cooling before?
Jack: Yes, the earth cooled when the meteor hit in Mexico and it destroyed all the dinosaurs.
Me: Could people have stopped that from happening.
Jack: No.
Me: Where did you learn all about Global Warming?
Jack: School and books and Planet Earth movies.
Me: Everyone believes different things about this but I think we should be like Grandma Truman. She wasn't an environmentalist but a conservationist. That means you conserve everything and never uses more than you need. It means not being wasteful and taking care of things. She was a conservationist before it was cool.
Today before Daniel went to school
Daniel: Nicole do you know what this and makes a horn sign with his hands
Nicole: No
Daniel: You mess with the bull you get the horns
Nicole: What?
Daniel: That is the sign for hook em horns for Texas
Nicole: Why are you doing that? Because you are drinking out of a Texas cup. She didn't realize she was drinking out of a Texas cup.
I think he his hilarious and it is good to know that he has learned at an early age if you mess with the bull you get the horns. It is obvious he has been around cows a little bit. These boys crack me up all the time. I love this picture of them with their pretend shaving kits. Their Aunt Jill gave them shaving kits and Wade was teaching them the proper way to shave. Boys are crazy but they are completely entertaining.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Love these conversations with you boys....they are both very fun to chat with...
Kids are funny. Jack is smarter than me kind of sad. I love Jacks freckles across his nose.
Your boys are so hilarious and way too smart.
This stuff is awesome! Jack could teach me a few things. Man, you have to be on your game with that little man. What fun, what fun!
So funny! You have great kids.
They are humorous. I'm so glad that i get to see them so often.
JACK is TOO smart for his own good! Love that kid!
What a crack up...great conversations!
Post a Comment