Saturday, April 24, 2010

Three Generations



Wade is a member of the Rudy Duck Club.  He spent lots of time as a boy at the Duck Club with his Dad, Grandpa, and brother.  He still has a shack that he is sort of renovating.  Wade and Grandpa Mike spend lots of time working on fixing the place up.  After they finished pouring the concrete all the boys put their hands in it.  I love this picture and the reminder of how much we love family and the time we get to spend together.  I treasure these handprints.  Hands say something about a person.  Are they delicate, rough, overworked, weathered, soft, or squishy?  Wade's are rough and I know it is because he is always working hard. 

The Duck Club is a sentimental place for Wade.  It reminds him of his Grandpa and I am sure he will make many new fun memories with our boys and their Grandpas.  The Duck Club is conveniently located just a few miles west of our home so maybe they will sleep out there and I will get an occasional night to myself!!! 

3 comments:

Kim Ward said...

I'm with you on the hands,they do say lots about us. Your boys are great and I love the picture.

Heather said...

Awesome! I think every fresh slab of cement should have someone's hands imprinted.
You are building a great legacy with your family Jess.

Jocelyn said...

I love that these boys all like to hang out in the mud together....such a fun pic.