Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Your not really an animal
Luke is obsessed with animals. All day he makes animal noises. He knows the sounds of almost every animal. Last week he was up all night long one night making animal noises. I was furious. He didn't fall asleep until 5:00 a.m. I tried letting him cry it out. I tried giving him Tylenol (I thought it could be his ears or his teeth). I was at my wits end. Wade and I took turns trying to get him to sleep and eventually put him in his high-chair and turned on Baby Einstein. I was spent.
The following morning which was two hours later Daniel asked if he could have his Diet Dr. Pepper that his Grandpa gave him. I know who lets a kid drink that...ME and obviously my Dad! He convinced me by explaining it is very healthy because it is diet and doesn't have sugar and it has a Dr. in it. Well who can argue with that!!!!
How could Daniel have one and not Jack? He couldn't..he had Pepsi. So my parenting is in the crapper. My young boys are drinking caffeinated beverages for breakfast. I was too tired to argue and my brain was fried. I decided to take him to the Doctor because I thought he must have an ear infection. Nope he was just a brat! Dr. Doug told me to just give him some Benadryl so we could for sure sleep the next night. It worked. He has been a perfect sleeper ever since. I am not sure why he was so wired but he was very into pretending to be an animal.
Fast forward two days. We are on our way to St. George and I am exhausted. I am usually o.k. running on empty but for some reason I was so tired. I couldn't figure out where my energy was. Well the next night I figured it out. I was taking Benadryl instead of Zyrtec. I have wicked allergies so I take Zyrtec everyday and for three days I took Benadryl by mistake. I have generics from Target in both and I had picked up the wrong bottle. The crazy animal night really messed me up for days! Benadryl worked for Luke but not fore me. I need to let Luke know he is not really an animal !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
that's funny about the Benadryl. I thought Dr's aren't suppose to tell us to medicate our children to sleep.. My Dr. (straight out of med school) would rather me be up every night than to say give Boo Benadryl. I like your Dr. better.
Hilarous, Dr. Doug is the best. I can't believe you were taking bendryl instead of zyrtec.
LOL! I want to hear Luke's cute animal noises (but not at 5 in the morning). I love Daniels reasoning on the pop, it makes total sense to me.
Ah man Jess. That sounds terrible. I love Dan's reasoning on the Dr. Pepper. Good to know we all have crazy days. Your mom told me about Luke's crazy animal noises. Sometimes I wonder how anyone makes it. Here's to better days!
I love Luke's buffalo and donkey. Today I showed Lucy a picture of a cow and she said it was a dog so Luke needs to help her with her animals.
k- I sent my Luke to school just after giving him a dose of benedryl later to get a call from his teacher saying he had just fallen asleep on his desk- woops. better check that bottle better before it goes in his mouth.
love the animals. claire is just starting to make animal sounds and I love it.
miss ya girl
It makes me feel so much better that my child isn't the only one not sleeping for no apparent reason. Although I might be more amused if Drake were imitating a cow at 4 am instead of dramatically crying. That is soo funny about the Benadryl. I'm glad you didn't get in a wreck while out and about. I hope you're back on schedule and well rested!
LOVE Diet Dr. Pepper! I let my boys take a swig every once in a while. Isaac said to me the other day. Mom I can't have caffeine late at night because it will keep me up and I will have pee through the night. I am not an adult and big like you so it will affect my bloodstream. O.k. sounds good to me Isaac. Where the heck did that come from! It looks like the caffeine has affected my bloodstream! THANK GOODNESS!!
Post a Comment