Saturday, April 17, 2010
Too Much Junk
Lately we have been out of control with the candy. We(me) love Easter candy and it starts in early March and doesn't leave the house until May. I fill these huge glass jars with all of the deliciousness of Easter candy. They yummy chocolate eggs, pretty M&M's, and lots of pastel Hershey kisses. The problem is I eat most of it. The last two months I have had a ridiculous amount of junk and it has caught up with me. I weighed myself the other day and it wasn't pretty. I had to take drastic action. I am not eating any junk for one month!
This started not only because of the scale but we were reading The Bernstein Bears and Too Much Junk and Daniel and I decided we had some bad habits. Not enough fruits and vegetables and too much candy and treats. Seriously if you ever want to teach your kids a lesson and aren't sure how there is probably a Bernstein Bear story that sums it up perfectly.
When Jack got home from school we asked him if he wanted to cut out junk with us for one month and he said NO WAY!!! He isn't even the sweet tooth. Daniel is my candy junky so he would be giving up much more than Jack. We eventually convinced him. We can have Birthday dessert but other than that we are going cold turkey. They got to eat their Easter candy for about one week and then I put it away and they can finish it off when the month is up. Really they probably won't make it but it will help me to make it if they are pretending to try. Wish us luck and if you have any great "healthy snacks" please share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good luck! I could never do that. As for the 'healthy' snacks, I found a few at Costco here that we love. They are 'Sensible Portions' veggie straws and apple cinnamon straws. They are pretty healthy for you, but taste like french fries and churros (respectively...not put together). We LOVE them! Good luck and keep us posted!
Agree, Good Luck!
We love that book - so true, so true.
Good luck to all of you! How about apples and peanut butter?
The bear stories are awesome. I remember reading one to Chloe before she went to the dr. because she was freaked out and it helped. But I'm not sure it would help my kids stay away from junk! I think I am the worst! Good luck with the healthy snacks. I kind of got started on trail mix, and then I found the kind at Costco that has nuts and raisins AND m&ms in it. Of course I pick out the m&ms. And eat them first.
You are nuts! Goodluck.
Post a Comment