 |
| Redoubt Mountain Lodge |
|
|
|
|
|
Every few years we have gone to Alaska with Wade's family. This year Jack was old enough to make the trip. It was so fun to be with him. He loved fishing but especially bonking (killing) the fish. He loved seeing all of the bears. The first day we were there I think he saw 26 bears. He and Wyatt (our nephew) also got to share a cabin and Jack thought that was great. Alaska is such a beautiful place to visit. We were nestled on a Glacier fed lake between an active Volcano and a Glacier. We caught tons of Salmon and will be well stocked with fish for quite sometime. We flew in on a float plane and Jack thought that was the best. Spending five days in the wilderness is so fun and it reminds me of how vast and diverse the Earth is. It is one of the most spectacular sights I have ever seen. We loved being with our families. I was lucky enough to also have my Dad and brother Michael with us. We had a fabulous time.
 |
| Everyone together right before we left |
|
|
 |
| Jackson caught some large fish |
|
|
 |
| When he was bored with fishing he was reading. I was talking to him and he was oblivious. He lives in books! | |
|
|
It was a super fun vacation and I am so glad we had the chance to go. Thanks Olsen's for the awesome vacation!
4 comments:
well Jess, looks like you have lived Eric's dream. he wants to go to Alaska in the worst way. i really want to surprise him and take him there after we are finally done this summer. we will see if we can swing it. looks like a fantastic trip. a once in a lifetime experience for sure. what a great fam you have. miss ya.
Love that tradition and what a big fish!!!!
Wow, Jack caught that fish all by himself? The trip looks beautiful, although I must admit that I don't have the patience for fishing (but I love to eat salmon)!
Alaska is intriguing to me. It looks beautiful. I'm glad you had a great time with all those fun people. Jackson is so great.
Post a Comment