Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Pleasant Surprise!
You know when someone borrows something and you hesitate or maybe you don't but you secretly know you are going to have to ask for it back or forget about ever owning it? I don't mind lending things out but there is always a question in my mind "Will I see this again?" I had a neighbor return a borrowed book and it came back with the cutest little homemade "this book belongs to" tags. It was packaged so beautifully and it was very thoughtful and classy! Since this I have realized I need to be better as well. I have no worries about lending anything to Madeline. My sister has a neighbor who has borrowed a few things and always returns them promptly in perfect condition with some thoughtful note or treat attached. She definitely doesn't mind lending to her. So I am going to try to learn from their examples and be prompt in returning things and show a little gratitude. Nothing brightens my day like a "Thank You" note. Thanks Madeline for the pleasant surprise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
What a good idea and attitude!!!
I want to purposely lend things to Madeleine (or basically force them on her), just so I can get something cute in return. She is awesome! She has a way of making me want to be a better person, too. If I ever borrow anything from you, I promise I will return it promptly. With a smile. :)
Crap! Madeline stole my idea, I was going to label your spanx. Just kidding! Thanks for all your help today.
Cute idea and stickers.
I should have let her borrow MY copy of The Help. What was I thinking?
Super cute!
Post a Comment