| Last Christmas playing with Jack's Star Wars Mind Flex |
"I need to ask your Mom an important question" I was wondering what it could be and then Jack repeats back "Mom are Tim McGraw and Faith Hill still married"
Seriously, this is why he called? I reply "yes, why?"
"Because Tim McGraw is singing with Heneth Patrow" Jack says
"You mean Gwyneth Paltrow?" I ask.
My dad was concerned that the country music's favorite couple had parted ways. I assured him I hadn't heard that rumor. I get daily phone calls like this all the time. Although he denies being into pop culture he clearly knows what is going on.
I along with my mom, have been nagging him to exercise for years. He has had MANY health problems and I am convinced exercise would remedy many of them. This past year he has been going to the gym regularly. He goes a few times a week. I still can't believe it but it is true. The other day he was the one dragging my mom to the gym at 8:00 p.m. He is always telling someone to feel his biceps. I actually think he is starting to like exercise although like the pop culture he will never admit it.
He loves his Grandchildren and will call just to talk to Luke. I feel lucky to have such a great relationship with my Dad. He is a very hands on Grandpa and is willing to help me out if I'm in a tending bind. He has a deep understanding of the gospel and lives his life accordingly. You never know what he might say but it will definitely be hilarious. Today I am grateful for my dad.
5 comments:
What an awesome dad. I think it is not so common for kids to truly know and have a close relationship with their dads. Fortunately that seems to be changing.
What a great dad!!! You are so blessed
He is a gem!
Jerry is certainly one of a kind. I'm going to have to check out his biceps.
What a great Jerry story.
Post a Comment