My dear sweet friend Jocelyn has started writing 30 days of gratitude to keep her in the Christmas spirit. Since copying is the most sincere form of flattery...
Day One: "No David." As most of you know my boys love to read. Luke's favorite book is No David. In this story you meet my little boy. Although they do not share the same name they are kindred spirits. Luke is so taken with the David that he copies his naughty behavior and then shows me. He colors on the wall and then proudly shows his mother. He is such a naughty boy but he is so full of personality.
He scowls like crazy. This picture was the closest thing to a smile we could get. Don't get me wrong he smiles all the time but when asked there is a ninety percent chance you will get a frown. He makes my life so busy and hectic but he is so worth it. Luke keeps me on my toes. There is never a dull moment when he is around.
He loves his brothers but is definitely the boss. His loves are: me, Wade, his brothers, books, bath, Little Einsteins, golf, football and candy. He hates his high chair, strangers, and his crib. I love his enthusiasm, raspy voice, slobbery kisses, his jokes, and his beautiful brown eyes.
He has been to the hospital twice in his short life and has had strep throat, RSV, croup, pneumonia, and countless colds. I remind myself of this because I think that explains his moodiness.
Today I am most thankful for my little Lukie.
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Great post Jess....I love this little fella as well. He is such a sweet and funny boy. :)
He is so dang cute. He was giving out those scowls to everyone at that primary party last week!
What a tender post...you have been truly blessed!
When I was a teenager, or maybe a colleger, I dreamed of having sons who loved me like your Luke loves you. I know you know how blessed you are.
Post a Comment