Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gratitude Day 7: Danner the Banner

Daniel Scott (5)  This boy doesn't take a bad picture

This little boy melts my heart.  He is my sweet one.  I'm grateful for him everyday and this last week he has been especially funny.  This boy says the funniest stuff all the time.  He quotes movies all of the time.  Like the other day he was getting out of the car and he said "son of a nutcracker" (from Elf) Wade didn't know if he should laugh or get mad at him.  We usually laugh because there are too many things in life to get mad about.  He also loves to watch movies, play DS, and read.  We didn't know he could read as well as he could until he started spitting out every sign he saw on the road.  Many of you know he has some OCD tendencies and they can become a bit of a problem.  He can't stand it when someone isn't following a rule... he freaks.  Luke is usually the one misbehaving and gets the full melt down from Daniel.

Dan loves his brothers and copies everything Jack does.  They share a bedroom with bunk-beds in the basement.  They have both recently been scared of the basement and to remedy the problem I suggested they take turns sleeping in one bed so they would be together.  They stay up talking and playing with their stuffed animals but they haven't been climbing in my bed so I don't care.  After the first night Daniel woke up and said "that was the best night of my life" .  He really has enthusiasm for life.

Daniel and I spend most afternoons together.  He has recently quit napping and so when Luke is asleep we hang out.  If I'm exercising he will come in and exercise.  I've been wrapping presents and he loves to help out. He is definitely the piece maker in our family and everyone loves him. This boy is so special and I'm so thankful for him.  

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I love this boy as well. He is such a fun guy and honestly just beautiful.

Chrystie said...

Dan is such a cute boy. Arden told me a couple of weeks ago that she was going to marry him when she gets bigger, and I told her that it was a great idea. He is so smart and sweet and funny (He said "Son of a nutcracker!" over here one day and it made me smile. Elf is awesome.)

Heather said...

Oh! He is so handsome! Son of a nutcracker makes me laugh! I wish I got to spend more time your boys. They are treasures.

Jen said...

He is very handsome

Kim Ward said...

We love Danner. He's a hoot. Son of a nutcracker....