Monday, December 6, 2010
Gratitude Day 4: Harry Potter
Today I am thankful for Harry Potter. I love the books and have looked forward to each one. When I was doing my student teaching the students were obsessed with these books. I couldn't help but love anything that engaged kids in reading. Not only was I fortunate to see this in the students I was teaching but now I see it in my own boys. As you can see they are big time fans. They were both Harry for Halloween. They play Harry Potter all of the time. Daniel was lucky enough to have wands made for him and the entire family by his Grandpa Mike for his birthday. The wands have been used well. Even Luke is in on the action. He copies his brother spitting out curses. Once in the airport Daniel looked at a lady and with a marker yelled stupify. She was not amused.
Jackson has read all seven of them twice. He is now becoming a Harry Potter expert. My brother Michael is also an expert. Daniel has started the books and is on chapter two of the first book. It is difficult for him to read but he is insistent on reading them. These wonderful books are so full of wonder and imagination I don't know how you couldn't love them. Thank you J.K. Rowling for never giving up and changing the world forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Your boys love of Harry Potter is so fun. I am so proud of Dan for starting the first book.
Harry Potter has been a big hit in our home since the first book...that Isaac has been Harry Potter for 6 Halloweens...the books are so great!
Good one, I remember the day I first heard about the Harry Potter books. I was sitting in your family room in Kaysville and you started talking about them. I think there were two books out at that time.
Daniel stupefying is my favorite.
Some people need to be stupified!
Post a Comment