Saturday, December 18, 2010

Gratitude Day 8: Compliments

Yesterday, I ran an errand and I shouldn't have been out in public.  I stopped at a store and this random girl came and gave me the nicest compliment.  She said how stylish I looked and she wished she could put stuff together.  I wished I could be as nice as she was.  I think nice things about people but I just don't always give the compliment when I think it and then the moment has passed.  Her small gesture made me feel better about myself when I wasn't feeling that great and it required very little but had a large impact.  Heather does this all the time.  I returned to my car after the running the errand and Heather had left me a message saying how nice my Christmas card was.  She thought it and acted.  I do not do this.  My goal is to try to act right away before the moment passes me by.  Thank you to those of you who don't wait... your small gestures of kindness can change a day for the better.

3 comments:

Heather said...

=)
We all have different strengths. You always make me feel better about myself. You are very generous. You always have good advice.

Kim Ward said...

Heath is a Gem that way. I agree it is nice to here nice words from people. Thanks for the reminder.

Jocelyn said...

Love this post....Heather does have the most amazing way of making you feel like a million dollars....