Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gratitude Day 8: Traveling

Jackson fishing in Alaska.  Notice the Brown Bears behind him

Beautiful Hawaii. 


The world has so much to offer and I feel blessed to have been able to see so many parts of it.  While I love where I live and couldn't imagine myself anywhere else, it is so fun to visit other places and soak up another culture even if it is just a couple of states away.

When I was twenty years old I went on a study abroad to Jerusalem.  This was one of the best things to happen to me.  I learned about two completely different cultures and learned to love and appreciate both of them.  This period of time engaged me into world affairs which I still try to maintain.

I have been to over 3/4 of the fifty states and hope to hit them all someday.  My favorites as a child were California (Disneyland), Missouri (the arch), and Washington (space needle).  I love the landmarks.  As an adult I have become a huge fan of New York and Hawaii.

My boys have been lucky enough to visit many places and even have three stamps in their passports.  I am hoping to continue to add the list.  I have never been to Europe and as a fashionista feel like I should visit Paris.  Hopefully soon.  Each place I go I learn something new and gain a better appreciation for different people and cultures.   There really is beauty everywhere!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Can you please take me to Paris with you?
When I see the arch, I think of you because I remember you coming home and telling me all about this huge arch. It is good to see the world!

Jocelyn said...

Great post Jess. I love traveling too.....can't wait for you to get to see Europe.

Cheri said...

you are blessed!! I can think of nothing better to do with my kids than to travel and see the world. I want to go to Paris with you too...

Leslie said...

I completely agree with the memories you built with your children are pricless!