Saturday, August 30, 2008

Whose are these???


Are these actually my feet? Do you love the pitting edema?? I don't mean to brag but I generally have very tiny ankles, now I have cankles. This is part of the reason I hate being pregnant. I can only wear flip flops. I have a closet full of great shoes and none of them fit. Several people have told me to wear Birkenstocks but for the record I won't be caught dead in them. No offense to all of the tree huggers I just think they are ugly. Oh well, less than 3 weeks to go!

10 comments:

Kim Ward said...

Those do not look like your feet. I'm sorry, it will be over soon and we will have a new little baby in our family! I love new babies. Maybe if he had a name your water would break and they would have to do your c-section early!!

Brandice said...

My sister and I went to meet my brother in Wash DC the summer I was 8 months pregnant with Justine. And as you know, when touristing in DC, you walk EVERYWHERE. I was tired and bloated, but didn't think it was that bad (I wore tennis shoes the whole time), until we got home and I heard my sister on the phone telling someone about our trip. She said, "You should have seen Brandie's ankles! They were as big as her thighs!" That may have been true, but I'm pretty sure my thighs also multiplied exponentially as the pregnancy went on. (I think I still have pitting edema in them.) Hang in there... I'm sure your shoes miss you but look at it this way: your center of gravity is so far off you would probably fall over in most of them anyway. You're almost done!

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

I'm sorry, that looks really painful. Don't worry, your skinny ankles will be back in no time along with your skinny everything else.

Chrystie said...

You are so funny. When I first saw those feet on your blog I thought they were the feet of a chubby little girl, it didn't even occur to me that they were yours! How funny. Sorry to hear about your dad, but I am glad he is recovering well!

Turpin Times said...

Oh, so sorry Jess. I can relate, and it stinks!

The Taylor Family said...

Dude, why do we do this to ourselves?????? Oh thats right, they are so cute when they are sleeping! Ha ha! Give me 2 more months and I shall feel your pain
:(

Heather said...

Never in a million years would I say those are your feet. Holy cow.
It won't last forever.

Nicole said...

Those don't look like your feet they look like mine.

Julie Keddington said...

I saw your feet this afternoon and they definitely didn't look the same as in the picture. Perhaps at 10:00 p.m. tonight they will be similar. At least you have cute toenails! I think all women who put up with the funky things that pregnancy does to their bodies deserve some sort of medal to acknowledge their self sacrifice. We could wear our medals to the gym or to the grocery store (while our kids are misbehaving). You're amazing. Hang in there...Your cute little guy will be here soon.

Jen said...

Stick with the flip flops, they are your best option.