Friday, August 1, 2008

Countryness

A couple of nights ago, I pulled into the driveway and started to laugh because the most twangy, country song was playing and I hadn't turned it off. Years ago this would not have happened. I started to laugh and I had Wade listen and I told him I had been married for a long time. His response was "Even I don't like that song". It was awful. But for some reason I didn't notice the Honky Tonk.
I didn't care for country music much until I met Wade. My real appreciation for country music came after I attended the Country Music Awards in Nashville with Wade's family. Dee's did a lot of advertising back in the day and so they received perks from television and radio stations. I went twice to this fabulous event. Hearing the music live and being dressed up completely changed my perspective. Not only did we go to the awards but both times we made it to Graceland. I know everyone is jealous. I saw Elvis's house not once but twice! While driving to Memphis Mike (Wade's dad) sang Paul Simon's "Graceland" the whole way.
I never thought I would have any sort of countryness ( I know it's not a word) in my life. Now my boy's wear boots and hats. They always tell me I need boots. I agree but I don't think I want the kind they are talking about. Looks like countryness isn't too bad!



We love the ranch. Especially the boys! A sunday afternoon at Coldwater Ranch!

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

These are the custest pictures ever...I love that you have "gone country". And you do have the cutest boys...all three of the them. :)

Jerry said...

good job jessica. The boys look like embreo cowboys. All they need is a wagon in the yard so they can ride the wheels and really get into pretending.

Nicole said...

Your pictures are great! I can not believe that I have NEVER been to the ranch. I guess I am going to have to talk to Wade about that.

Sarah said...

I love that you have a little bit of country in ya. Adaorable little boys and looks like a great place to discover and explore.

Heather said...

You know Jess, I was just thinking about this the other day when I heard some of the music on your blog. I was thinking, "When did Jess start liking COUNTRY music?" And then I remembered when you were getting all ready to go to the CMA Awards in Nashville for the first time. I figured that was the turning point. I'm still not really into country, but those boys look great in their boots and hats! Loved all the pictures. Looks like the ranch is a boy's dream!

Kim Ward said...

I love countryness. When I was a little girl I wanted to marry a rancher and drive cattle somwhere in Texas and live in a big ranch house. I think I came up with this after reading a Nancy Drew which was set at a ranch. I guess I'm a long way from that. I think there is something really good about hardwork and working the land.

Shauna Hardy said...

Boys are so funny...I think you should get some boots just for fun. I'll bet they'd get a kick out of you dressing up as a cowgirl. I didn't care for country music until I met Matt either...funny how that works.

Kirstin Schmidt said...

Your a better woman than I would every be. I have been married to Steve almost 10 years now and I still don't appreciate his big hair band music. It drives me batty. I like the look of country but I can't stand the music. I'm o.k. with a little bit of pop country but that's about it.

Chrystie said...

Wow, I have always thought it would be soooo much fun to get all dressed up and go to an awards show! How fun for you. I hated country in high school, but I like most of it now (except for the super twangy stuff), but I can't get Preston to even try. Oh well.