Sunday, September 7, 2008

Heather

I have seen some people blog about great people in their lives and I decided this is something I should try to do when I can't think of anything else to do. So I pick Heather.

I have been thinking about Heather a lot this last week and have been remembering our many good times. Heather and I have been friends our entire lives and she is honestly one of the most thoughtful people that I know. She is so good to me and always has been. There are not a lot of people you remain friends with forever. She is on my forever list and I hope she always will be. She not only is good to me but my entire family. She is caring and thoughtful and always fun to talk to. We have shared many great memories from before pre-school to the present. She was on a mission when I got married and I was very sad that she wasn't there. I was making a couple of lists but there are really to many great things about her but here are some of my favorite.

Favorite Heather Qualities
  1. Great listener and gives great advice
  2. Fantastic cook
  3. Thoughtful ex. makes my dad a treat before surgery
  4. Not cheap
  5. Always does what is right

Favorite Heather memories

  1. Baking- We were always making cookies or something.
  2. Playing Monopoly- I love this game. I played this with Heather all the time. No one will play with me now.
  3. Circle Walks-this is where we walked around our neighborhood over and over solving the worlds problems. We tried the cemetery also but we just ended up in the circle.
  4. Going out to eat and discussing that no matter what we would never be cheap.
  5. Skipping seminary
Now we are all grown up and I am thankful to still count her among my greatest friends. She is such a good example to me. I have loved watching her with her husband Michael they make a great match. I am so glad we still see each other and can have great conversations. Heather thanks for being such a great friend. I count you as one of my greatest blessings.

I'll have to look for an old picture to add.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Jess. You are TOO nice to me. Thanks for all those kind words. I count you as one of my greatest blessings as well. You are included in so many of my lifetime memories.

Jen said...

I love Heather - she is the best.

Turpin Times said...

Heather is a dream. Just today I was talking with her(venting and complaining, mostly) and there she was listening and offering words of advice. AND saying that she needs to take Uncle Doug a treat because he treated James at the dr.'s office today, oh and treats for Dad too because he is helping her with her shower. Only Heather would think of these things. She truly is one of the most thoughtful people I know. I am trying to be more like her. Great post, Jess.

Kim Ward said...

Agreed- Heather is about as thoughtful as one can be, she does give great advice and has good perspective. I love you Heath and feel blessed our families have been intertwined for all of my life. Thank you for your good example.

Leslie said...

What a beautiful tribute to a great friend.

Nicole said...

I love Heather too!