Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Over the Past Few Days . . .





Time seems to fly by and the days fill up rather quickly. Wade has been spending quite a bit of time the past few weeks at the ranch for fall roundup. He has been going back and forth so he could be home to help me with the boys and I am sure he is tired. They have all but a few of the cows found so now he can slow down.
On Sunday we had Grandpa Mike's 65th birthday. The boys had a great time at the Olsen's and got to pick out pumpkins with their grandparents and cousin Wyatt. Daniel had to go to the bathroom while he was playing outside and just went ahead and peed outside, fell and so his clothes were all wet. (I do not approve of going to the bathroom outside). So he ran around in his underwear while we dried his clothes. I made a carrot cake for Mike's birthday and Wade frosted it. Jack told his Grandpa that Wade made the cake and he got a little help from me which I guess if I could just learn to decorate a cake by myself then I might get some credit. Wade and I actually do make a good cake baking team because Wade usually does most of the dishes after I make a ginormous mess. I really do not know how to cook and clean at the same time. I guess I learned this from my mom (sorry mom it's true). The cake turned out really good and I think I might actually really like carrot cake.

I have been watching the news so much lately (which I think I might quit doing) and the financial news has been reminding me to be more frugal. So I have been trying to cook more and use the things that I already have. That means new recipes which can be good and bad. Sweet Potato soup was not a hit. It was so spicy that no one could even eat it. Meat loaf is a hit. Growing up meat loaf was never my favorite meal but I have had good meat loaf at the Zinn Bistro (my favorite restaurant) and Nicole has made really good meat loaf so I tried it. I might start a weekly recipe blog but I need some healthy recipes because I am trying to lose my baby weight which seems to be sticking around. I have such a sweet tooth and when I am nursing it is out of control. If anyone has any good recipes let me know.

The weight loss has been the other thing occupying my thoughts. It is really hard to lose weight when you are nursing and can't exercise. I am hungry all the time when I am nursing and I am not allowed to exercise for 6 weeks. I am an exerciser so this seems like forever. So this week I have started to cheat a little by playing the Wii fit. If you have never played this you need to try. I am going to manage my weight loss progression on my children's gaming unit. It is really neat and they have all sorts of little exercises and games that keep you moving. Now I know it's not like going to the gym and working out but it is active and a lot of fun. Just so you know I can't do aerobics on the Wii any better than I can in a class. This is something I plan on doing every night until the weight budges. I will try not to be obsessed.

Finally tonight we had Jack's last soccer game of the season. Last year he really struggled to focus and fell down A LOT. Half way through this season the game just clicked for him. He has scored at least one goal in the last five games. It is so fun to see his progression and the excitement he has when he has success. We have told him if he scores a goal then we can go for ice-cream and we have been having ice-cream weekly. My dad has come to a couple of games and Jack is always so proud of himself and excited to have his grandpa there to cheer him on. Thanks dad for coming.

We are looking forward to having a good weekend watching football (go coug's) and playing with the kids. Jack is out of school for something and he is excited to have a day off. This week they have talked about fire safety and he is freaked out that the house will start on fire. I know where he gets his worrying gene and it is not from me. I tell him every night not to worry that they are just teaching him to be prepared not because every one's houses will start on fire. Sorry for my random happenings but I am journaling for myself.

9 comments:

Heather said...

Nice photos Jess! Way to capture your life in pictures. I might have to start asking you and Wade's baking team to bake me a cake for my birthday! I will do the dishes.
I've tried some new recipes lately, I'll get them to you.
Watching the news a lot for me is not a great idea. It gets me all worked up.

Turpin Times said...

My boys FREAKED out the day of the first fire drill at school. They talked about it all weekend and now they pray every night that our house won't catch fire and every morning that the school won't catch fire. That made me laugh when I read about Jackson.

We too, are looking forward to watching the Cougs play tonight. It is fun because Alan gets soooo excited, it's like Christmas at our house.

Your boys are very handsome and I love the peeing outdoors. Alan made the mistake of allowing our boys to do it once and I know they've done it more than I know.

Good luck with the weight loss. I'm sure you look great.

Kim Ward said...

Wade is a great cake decorator. We don't have the worry gene, but the news has gotten me worked up as well. Jackson is a funny smart boy and We love him and all the little quirks which make him Jack.

Natty said...

Your boys are darling! I hear you on the baby weight issue. I have been dying to get out and exercise...I got the clear this week...but yet, I still haven't gone. I'm waiting for a new sports bra to come in the mail to support these lovely ladies that come with the nursing. Ah, the joys! I'm pretty sure you will be back to your skinny Larsen self soon!

Jerry said...

Jessica it has been a big month. A new baby really does take a lot of time. I am glad that the whole family is involved. Luke is a great addition. Maybe we can have a contest losing weight this month.

Brandice said...

Jessica, good luck with the Wii Fit. I too think it is a good option, but I am quite upset with it for now. YOu know how it calculates your BMI and everything? Well it told me my Wii Fit age was 49!!!!! I was not happy and am therefore boycotting it. I'm sure it is way sad.

P.S. Drew is still afraid of fire drills to this day.

Leslie said...

Jess,
I love the photos and your random journaling!

The photos are so cute!

As for watching the news is something I have to do even it I fall asleep(hence the news is on at 11pm)But I agree that it's depressing to watch at times.

Go luck on your exercising on the wii fit!;D

The Taylor Family said...

Have fun with the wii fit. We do not have that, but we have played on it Karma's and I totally SUCK!!! So I dont think I would even want to know my age or BMI!!!

Kirstin Schmidt said...

Wow sounds like you are keeping busy. Where do you find the time with a new baby. Isaac came home and started freaking out too. He told me that he didn't like the fire extingusher's going off and he wanted me to take out all of the batteries. I told him that if we did that then we wouldn't hear them go off if there was a fire?!?! He then said it was o.k. but to call up the fire dept and tell them not to let the fire come get our house!! Thanks school for getting my kid freaked out!! Whew?!?