Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lost your Mojo?

Does anyone watch Oprah? I have a love sometimes hate relationship with Oprah. A lot of her themes annoy me particularly her political themes but I always love the makeovers. Home, body, soul whatever I love them. Yesterday her show was about women who have lost their mojo or sex appeal or whatever you want to call it. The overall recurring theme was that these "poor unselfish" women haven't have time for themselves and so like all women have lost their mojo. Well I call Bull*!$#. The reason is this: THEY JUST DON'T CARE. I'm sorry but everyone has ten minutes. I realize some days are busy and you don't always look or feel your best but you can at least muster up a few minutes to brush your teeth, comb hair, mascara , and maybe even lip gloss.

I was watching with Wade (yes I do force him to watch with me) and he yelled at the t.v. "you lost your mojo because you don't get dressed and haven't looked in a mirror. "

Of course if you never try you will look crappy. Not everyone looks like a model but you don't have to look like crap either. For most of us there is a nice in between. It may require a little effort and little time to get your sexy back.

Finally, if these makeovers are life changing(which they all claimed they were and I believe) why don't people just take a few minutes and fix themselves and get DRESSED!

9 comments:

Jen said...

Amen!!! These are my exact thoughts every time I see these types of shows. There are always a few minutes each day where you could do 1 or 2 things to look a little nicer.

Leslie said...

Girl, you're so right! Every time I watch those shows, I'm always thinking well "HELLO"! You don't have do much but do something! Even putting concealer is a great help.

Shauna Hardy said...

I have to laugh because I can't even leave the house unless I've showered and rarely will you see me without makeup. however, even with makeup I still look like a mess most days...but at least I feel somewhat together!

Nicole said...

You are very right. But it is 3:46and I have not showered. (This is atypical for me.)

Brandice said...

The brushed teeth, combed hair, and a little mascara is pretty much my daily standard. I think I've just lowered my "mojo" standards. :)

Chrystie said...

What? You mean it is my own fault I look like a slob most days? Dangit. I do brush my teeth though :)

Jocelyn said...

I agree with the mojo thing....people pull it together...stop wear pajamas in public, do your hair, and try a little...I mean really have a little self respect right?

Jerry said...

I had to watch that show. Sometimes we forget that Opra is trying to make more money so she gets these topics and exploits people. I also hate what not to wear.

The Taylor Family said...

You totally had me cracking up pictureing Wade yelling at Oprah!!!