Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Communism!

I love being a mom. Before I had Jackson I was a little nervous to quit working and stay home. I didn't know if I would fit the mold. Growing up I didn't have the burning desire to be a mom. I thought I would be but I couldn't quite imagine staying home all day. I was worried I would be bored. . . was I wrong. Most days these wild boys keep me moving and laughing. There is not a lot of boredom. Some days I wish I were bored.

This week Jackson asked me to explain Communism. So we had a little lesson in Government which led to a family home evening about being a good citizen. He also asked How the voice comes out of the body? We learned some anatomy and physiology. He is so inquisitive and is very anxious to learn. I love this but often I am stumped and refer to Grandpa. I always write how he loves to learn but there is so much more to this boy. He does not lack imagination and is a complete boy. Star Wars, Transformers, Cowboy stuff and all things guns also encompass his life. Today he just started to bawl and I was like oh brother. He was crying because he accidentally deleted a picture off his little Fisher Price camera. I asked what the big deal was -he it was his favorite picture of me. I felt loved. He is a great big brother and I love being his mom.

Daniel cracks me up. He is so funny. The other day he told Wade he didn't want Tofu for breakfast. Wade was like o.k. We have never eaten tofu at this house. He is also very smart. He loves to put things together and figure out how things work. He knows how to work i-pods & i-phones. Jason, Michael , and Jocelyn all have i-phones and he messes with them and totally knows how to work them. I can't wait until he is older and he can help me with my technology issues. He loves Batman, Star Wars, and of course Kung Fu Panda. Today he told me mom I love Kung Fu Panda so much it is soooo awesome. He is stubborn, funny, animated, and sweet. He sneaks out of bed no less than three times per night and I often see him sneaking kisses to Luke.

Luke is the best baby. I always think my babies are the best but hey I'm their mom. He really has a sweet disposition. He rarely cries unless he is really tired or hungry. We went to St. George a couple of weeks ago and he cried when he got out of the swimming pool and was freezing. That was the loudest he has ever been. He really is happy and loves to laugh. Both Jackson and Daniel love to entertain him and make him giggle. I can't believe how fast he is growing and how quickly time passes. While I'm pregnant time practically stands still and then they are born and poof...they are going to Kindergarten. I'm so glad he is in our family.

I joke about being the mom of three boys. They are loud, wild and stinky but I can't imagine it any other way. I"m thankful for the chance I have to be home with them.

Wrestling @ Great Grandpa Truman's.

Jack holding Luke so I can get something done.

Messy Daniel enjoying a See's sucker.

Dan crashed in the hallway in the midst of sneaking out.

Baby Luke. He makes me smile.

14 comments:

Cheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheri said...

You know Im sold on your boys. they are so cute and I love them very much. I love seeing you interact with them. I also love your stories about poop and barf. they always make me laugh. Im glad we're friends so I can hear about all your fun adventures with them.

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

What a cute post! Jackson is so brillant. Daniel is hilarous and Luke is the best baby!

Heather said...

Jess. Your boys are awesome (and very handsome). Honestly, they have so much personality. You are a great momma and have so much spunk. Love you.

Jen said...

If I ever have kids I hope they don't come and ask me about government. If they do I will refer them to you. Enjoy all these great moments.

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerry said...

Nice job Jess. TAhe boys are quite a handful.They are smart and I am glad they are. You are a great mom

Amanda said...

Luke is getting SO CUTE!

Leslie said...

Wow, I really need to paid attention in what I type and make sure it makes sense. What I meant was; You have been truly blessed! Kids not only keep you on your toes but they love you unconditionally.

Nicole said...

That boy is a whiz. You are a great mom and sister.

Kim Ward said...

You have a great family and they are all great in their own ways. I still think the shopper in you should have a girl, if not you can just shop for mine!

The Taylor Family said...

I am so glad to see pictures of Luke, since I am a shut in I have not got to see him much! He is so big! I love the picture of sneaky Jackson! Too funny!

The Taylor Family said...

Oops I ment Daniel! Ha Ha ;)

Turpin Times said...

That is so funny about Jackson and communism. I ALWAYS refer my boys to their Dad, he explains things so much better. You are a good Mom and have adorable boys.