Friday, April 11, 2008

OCD

I have wanted to write a blurb about how much I love Wade. I feel so blessed to be his wife. He is so good to me and my kids. He is a very hands on dad and I love that. My dad was very hands on and I believe I had this as an expectation but didn't realize how rare this actually is. I love watching him play with them and teach them. I know he is always available if I need him. There are moments that hit me when I know how lucky I am to have him and I have had several of these moments lately. You know the couples where you think he/she got the better end in that deal, well I got the better end in our relationship. I try to be as good to him as he is to me but it is not my nature. These moments of realization hit me when I watch my kids. They will say something that I know came straight from their Dad. There have been several times lately where I just laugh because they are just like their dad.
We joke about how Daniel is a little OCD he lines up his cars, trucks, trains and even Easter eggs according to size shape color whatever. Well I took a nap with the boys and I came out and Wade was watching golf on t.v. and he had his M&M's lined up according to color and was eating them in a very orderly way. I knew this about him but I think I just forgot. Then Jack woke up with a so called injured back and needed to use Wade's electrodes from the Chiropractor. Both of my boys always copy their Dad and I think it is great. I hope they continue to follow their Dad's example.
Also today he made the boys breakfast. I am always nagging about incorporating fruit into their breakfast and so he used the giant strawberries and hollowed out the top and filled them with blueberries and told them they were ice-cream cones and it made the fruit exciting and the boys ate them so fast and wanted more. He is always doing fun little things with his boys. He makes the best birthday cakes. They just tell him what they want and WA LA he some how in practically no time at all he creates an awesome cake. He has made Elmo, Mickey Mouse, Curious George, Optimus Prime, Lighting McQueen, and Pablo. I have also attempted to make a perfect cake but mine have never turned out and I realized why should I try so hard and have it be ugly when he can put forth very little effort and have it be perfect. I now know anything artistic is best left to him. I am so happy I have him and he is so present in our lives. He is the best example to me and I love him.


Curious George



Pablo


OCD Daniel




My idea to build a pyramid (did not help)

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow Jess, you're are very lucky to have Wade and I'm very impressed of his cakes. I make the kids birthday cakes and I cheat, I just buy their favorite toy and have it for the cake topper. You're so right about not all spouses are like Wade and you have been blessed

Kim Ward said...

Jessica-
I agree Wade is a Renisannce( I know this is spelled wrong) Man. You are very lucky, but so is he. You are fun, smart, pretty and an excellent mother. I love you and feel so lucky that you are my sister.

Nicole said...

Even though I am not married to him, I love Wade too! He really is a great friend and example. I am glad that he is in our family. You two make a great team!

Jen said...

Electrodes? That is so funny that Jackson would say he needed those. I hate to break it to you but I think Wade got the better end of the deal. You are fabulous!

Chrystie said...

Hey Jessica -

I am sooo impressed by Wade's cakes! I have tried to do cakes and I am terrible!! Maybe I can pay him to do it for me next time :). We are going on vacation to Grand Cayman, I will tell you all about it when we get back. (Hey, do you mind if I list your blog on the friends list on my blog? Let me know).

Heather said...

How'd he do that? Holy crap, I'm going to need to take some cake lessons from Wade. I'm feeling a little pressure with my first birthday cake event coming up.

Wade certainly is a gem. You guys are so great together, its awesome. Its so sweet to see someone you love be so in love and loved!

Turpin Times said...

Jess,

I didn't know Wade had these qualities. I am very impressed with the cakes! WOW!!

Jocelyn said...

Hey Jess-----

Wade is downright amazing but so are you and combined you have made some fantastic kids. I remember telling Wade when you got married that he was a lucky man....and I still think he is. :)

P.S.
Updated my blog so stop nagging me.

Kirstin Schmidt said...

WOW!! He is like your modern day Superman! It's great to see that you still are mad about Wade! He is so blessed to have you too. You are a excellent Mom and wife!