We also helped Jackson ride his two wheel bike while we were there. It is nice to have nice flat roads to learn on. He is really close and can ride if you don't tell him you have let go. I know in the next couple of months he will be riding all over the place. The weather was great and we were able to soak up some rays. I must confess that I did not sunscreen my boys the first afternoon and their poor little shoulders are fried. Jason (my brother) made me feel completely stupid and just couldn't believe I could do that to my boys. I am really sad I forgot but in my defense it wasn't that warm and sunny the first day. Now I have learned you can still fry when it is cloudy. I knew this but just wasn't paying attention. I already felt bad until Jason saw last night and completely chastised me for my mistake. I agreed with him but also hoped that he would have children of his own someday and he could be the perfect parent. Despite my error in judgement we had a great time swimming at Grandma Sherie's and Grandpa Mike's. It is nice to enjoy some spring like weather which I am hoping we will get to experience up here this year. It is nice to spend a few days somewhere else so you don't have to worry about baseball, soccer, church callings, friends, the dirty house etc.
It was also my sister Kim's birthday on the same day and we celebrated her birthday Sunday night. When our family gets together it is a bit of chaos but we love seeing each other. So Happy Birthday Kim and Sherie!!
One last random question. Does anyone have a GOOD hair dresser? I am in desperate need of covering up my gray hair. My last guy is taking some personal time whatever that means. I also don't want to spend a fortune I have tried doing that and I don't think I have faired much better. So please let me know. I have been without a coloring job for 3 months when you have gray hair that is to long.
10 comments:
Jess-
I'm trying out a guy name Kelly at phazes. I think he owns the Salon. It will probably end up being more than I want to pay,but I'm desperate to find a new person. I'll let you know how it goes.
Kelly has cut my hair before and he made me look like a fifty year old. I do think he cuts well, I just didn't like how he styled it. Sorry I have no suggestions.
I don't color my hair, but I like my lady, Stacy Gunnell at Garden Day Spa. She's been doing it for years, but still seems hip.
Stacy Gunnell is good. I go to Garden Day spa and anyone there is good. I also have a friend at 38th Street and she is like the color master. I went to her when I dyed my hair back to it's normal color. Her name is Elaine Mabey. 38th street isn't as expensive as Garden Day Spa either.
Is Kaleb having a meltdown??!!! I have an appointment with him next week! Do you know when he will be back? Drama...
I like my hair dresser but he is expensive. His name is Phil and he works at Blush Salon in Salt Lake.
Your trip to St. George sound like a blast especially your family participating in the triathlon. Since moving to Hawaii I have grown to love running(or more like jogging)on the beach in the morning. It a time I truly crave and treasure.So, hopefully one day I can do a triathlon.
As for a hairdresser, I'm no help because I rarely do and I'm in Hawaii but I now use my sister who is licensed. Hope you find someone that works for you. Good Luck
Looks like a great time with the family. Hope you get some warmer weather too. It makes ALL the difference when my kids can go outside and run some energy off.
I hear you on the grey hairs. I am starting to see them pop out here and there on myself but am holding out as long as I can to color my hair. The joys of getting older. Good Luck finding someone you like.
Looks like you had a fun time in St. George too! I wish the sun would have followed us home! Let me know how the hairdressers go....the gal that cuts my hair just had a premature baby and won't be cutting hair for a few months so I could use help too!
Sounds like you had a fun time! I love vacations, I only wish we could take them more often. I am also looking for a new hair dresser, my usual girl just moved and I am in desperate need of a new cut. Good luck and let me know if you discover anyone great!
Post a Comment