Friday, April 25, 2008

Things I love!

I started this blog as some form of journal so don't read it if it is boring and to personal. My sister Kim has her kids say a few things they are grateful for at night and it got me thinking about all the things I have to be grateful for in my life. I have wanted to start a gratitude journal or board or something but since I am lazy and think of lots of things to do but never get them done I thought this might be an easy way to begin. So, it might be general but it is a beginning. These were ten things I thought of right away.

  1. Family-I love my family and talk to all of my siblings and both of my parents almost daily. I am sure we get sick of each other on occassion but most of the time I love them to death. I also love having my own little family.
  2. Gospel- I am grateful to have a testimony of Jesus Christ and to be able raise my kids with knowledge of a Heavenly Father.
  3. Exercise- I love it! All of it running, swimming, weights, yoga, pilates, classes... whatever. It feels so good to sweat it is my own form of happy pills. I truly get the endorphine high.
  4. Friends- Old and new. I feel so lucky to have my friends that I had when I was five. I am so happy we get to see each other at book club. I am thankful for new friendships as well. It is never fun to feel like you don't really connect with anyone.
  5. Pepsi- I now drink Diet Mt. Dew but let's face it Pepsi is my true love. Soda brings me joy however silly it might be. I love Jardine's and the fabulous ladies who work there with there good ice and fat straw. P.S. I KNOW I have an unhealthy relationship with beverages.
  6. Jazz- I love Jazz basketball and have since I was young. I have always watched the Jazz with my dad and now I have convinced Wade to be a fan. I now watch with my kids and both of my boys have a favorite player.
  7. Gardening- Seeing the flowers pop up all over my yard makes me so excited and proud of my hard work. Wade and I have spent countless hours in our yard.Gardening and digging is something we both love and can share together. Each spring I kind of go nuts at the nursery but it is so fun.
  8. BYU- I know we are among the few in these neck of the woods but I am still a proud Cougar.
  9. Candy- I love treats. I'm not sure when this obsession started but it is in full force.
  10. Charles Barkley- I know weird. He is so funny and I love listening to him commentate on basketball. He has such raw honesty and I love it! When I was younger and he played for the Suns I hated him and called him Big Butt Barkley.
This list is random and certainly not complete but they were the things I thought of in the moment.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Very good post. You are so fun and I am glad that I am your sister.

Chrystie said...

I love Charles Barkley too! He is soooo funny, I never let Preston flip away from basketball at halftime if he is talking. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks the Chuckwagon is funny! Those cell phone commercials he does make me laugh too. "Gimme them socks!"

Leslie said...

This post is great. I also love Charles Barkley. I think he's so raw and very funny. I also enjoy the excising especially dancing hula, it's a great workout. Thank you for sharing the "thing I love".

Heather said...

(on a post-it note, circa 1990)
Ty - #1
Jazz - #1
Karl - #1
so and so - weird
so and so - ??
so and so - poof

Those were great days, and are a part of my gratitude list.

The Taylor Family said...

That is a great idea for a post! I never would have guessed that you loved the Jazz! What are your boys favorite players? Connor has it totally planned that he going to play on the Jazz and he even knows what kind of hair style he is going to have while playin! Boys are great!

Jen said...

I had no idea you liked Charles Barkley. You are such a hoot!

Turpin Times said...

Alan has always been a Barkley fan. I never knew you were too. He makes me laugh.

Kim Ward said...

Well Charles Barkley seems to be the buzz word. I think he is hilaours, especially when he was on Oprah with Michael Jordan. Funny cause I use to hate him. I think this was a great idea for a post. I will probably copy you.