Blogging is a real challenge for me. I enjoy reading other's but struggle to write my own. Then I do write it and try to post pictures and it looks weird and I just don't get it done. I have made several attempts and adding more posts but they are archived in the posts they are just not published. Probably I need a little more patients for stuff like this. I prefer to do things that are easy and come relatively easy for me. So hopefully I can begin to pick up on this quicker so that I can make a post more frequently.
Becca tagged me (whatever that means) and I am supposed to share some ideas of what we eat for dinner. I get bored quickly with food so I try to cook different things. My mom is a good cook and always made dinner even if it was something quick. We only ate out if she was at work and my dad was in charge. So I have been trying over the last couple of years to make better meals. I also try to be pretty healthy so I try to alter recipes a little to make them a little better for us. Since we don't eat the same things every week I will list a few of my favorites.
Hawaiian Chicken (Larsen family favorite)
Breakfast Casserole with Oatmeal muffins and fruit
Chicken Enchiladas
Pork Burritos (Cafe Rio inspired)
Grill anything especially filet with baked sweet potatoes
Grilled Salmon with Cha Ching Terriyaki sauce
Chicken Cordon Bleu
I also serve salads with most of these things and love to create different salads from whatever is in the fridge. Becca hopefully I gave you some ideas but if not it has at least reminded myself to work at being a better cook. Also cooking like blogging comes with a learning curve and it just takes a little practice and willingness to try new things.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Okay Jessica, I have also got tagged by Becca and would like the recipe for the Hawaiian Chicken.
Leslie Beecher
Please leave the recipe at my blog
At http://thebeechers.blogspot.com/
Thanks
Jess...I must say you've come a long way since we made cookies with 11 cups of flour!! You inspire me.
I eat fish all the time, I would love to get your Salmon teriyaki recipe. I am always looking for new ways to make fish. I need to follow your lead and make more salads.
Jessica you always amaze me! You are such a great mom, with LOTS of energy, and also a great cook! Your meals look awesome! Would you mind sharing your BBQ pork burrito recipe? You are also an excellent blogger!
Jess-
I was so happy to see a new entry! You are a very good cook and I should try to make things a little healthier, but if I cook my main goal is always to have it be tasty, you know if I've gone to all the effort. I guess I need to encompass both things. By the way Jessica makes the best fruit Salads.
I am proud of your blogging efforts. You will get the hang of it as you go along. Yes, please do share some of your recipes. I LOVE your fam's hawaiian chicken (in fact posted on my blog a while back). Why don't you start doing What's for Dinner Wednesday post with me so we can get some ideas from you. This is an easy once a week post that will get you addicted to blogging. MIss you a ton and want to give you a big hug and say Contrats.
xoxo
Jessica.... This the recipe for the Spanish Rice
ARROZ CON GANDULES- PUERTO RICAN STYLE
2 1/2 cups long grain white rice
5 cups water
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons sofrito (jarred or make your own by dicing onion, bell pepper (any kind), garlic, cilantro and tomato)(Or combine together and blend them in a blender)
1/4 cup chopped bacon
1/4 cup chopped ham or sausage
2 tablespoons spanish olives(GREEN)
1 can green or dry pigeon peans, drained
1 envelope sazon with annato(this is what makes the rice yellow)
1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
1/2 teaspoon tomato sauce
salt and black pepper to taste
Start by heating the oil in a pot at high heat, and when the oil is nice and hot, add the bacon. When the bacon is cooked but not crisp, add the ham/sausage. Once that has browned, add the Sofrito. This must stir fry all together for about 1 minute.
After that has been done add the water, then the peas, the olives, the tomato sauce, and all the spices, including the envelope of sazon.
At that point, add salt and pepper to taste. Bring this up to a boil then stir in rice.
Once it has began to boil again, lower heat and stir 1 more time, then cover.
Let this cook for about 30 - 40 minutes on a low heat setting, stirring occasionally (every 10 minutes) until the rice is tender. Serve.
Hope you ENJOY!
Jessica...I found your blog through Becca's. Looks like you're off to a good start. I like all the pictures....I'm not so good at blogging myself. I didn't post for almost a month and am trying to get back into the swing of things. I don't usually post a lot just my thoughts for the day and add pictures if I can!
Post a Comment