Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!

Wade catching lizards for his boys!

Grandpa Jerry reading to the kids. (He does this all the time)
Grandpa Mike with the boys ranching. This is why my
boys wear cowboy boots and hats with everything.

I can't let the day pass without saying Thank you to all the Father's in my life. First my Dad. He is truly the best. I am very proud to be his daughter and love talking to him each day. He is a very kind person and he truly cares about people and tries to help them where he can. My dad is completely unselfish and gave all of his kids great opportunities. He taught us to work and would always tell us to get a job. If you complained about not having any money he said "Go to Work". He also is a big softy. He comes across a little gruff and intimidating but he is a softy. He is very tender hearted and loves his kids. He is a very dedicated Grandpa and his grand kids love him. I always know if I am in a jam and I need a babysitter I can call my dad. Not very many people can count on Grandpa for tending. He reads a story each Christmas and makes it into a CD and gives it to the grand kids I truly love this and treasure these recordings. He also has had quite a fear of technology and computers. He is kind of a good ole boy and hasn't believed in doing things the modern way but these last few months he has been learning to blog. He has never really done much with computers and now he is blogging. I love reading his childhood stories and leaving his words of wisdom. He is super fun and always doing something a little bit eccentric. I am thankful for him and feel so blessed to have him for a Dad.
Next, I am thankful for Wade's Dad Mike. He is also very hardworking and has taught Wade many important things to help him to be a great Dad. He enjoys spending time with his kids and makes them his first priority. He is very talented and is always trying to learn something knew. I am hoping my boys receive some of his artistic talent because my family is lacking in this area. He loves to play golf and enjoys a good nap just like Wade. I feel very lucky to have married someone who was raised by him. Wade doesn't have a lazy bone in his body and I know where he learned it. I am thankful to both of our Dads for raising us with the gospel and teaching us to try to be good people.
Last, I am thankful to Wade. He is such a great dad and my boys love him so much. He is very unselfish with his time and tries to be as involved as possible with his boys. My dad was very much this way and I am very lucky to have a husband who is able to do the same. Wade's job offers a little bit of freedom and he is always willing to help me with the boys if I need him. He takes them on his lunch break or meets us at the dentist. He is a very good example to them and I feel like he is an excellent dad.
I know that parenting is challenging and often goes unrewarded so I hope these Dad's know how much I appreciate all they do for me and my boys. My life is good because of these great men. THANKS!

4 comments:

Jerry said...

Jessica that was a very compimentay blog. Thank you for being such a good girl. I am proud of you and I love your family. Thanks for the good time we had yesterday afternoon. We will probably have turkey burgers more often. They were good. love you

Jen said...

I loved your description of your dad, I think that sums him up perfectly. I love that your kids are a little bit country, it kind of cracks me up.

Sarah said...

what a sweet tribute to all the "men"' in your life. I love big Jer and could use a great big hug right now from him.

Leslie said...

You are right, you have been truly blessed with amazing men in your life. This is a wonderful tribute!