Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend Away!

Torrey Pines, CA


Wade and I went to San Diego for the weekend. We figure it is our last opportunity to get away alone before our baby is born. We had a great time. I encourage every married couple to leave the kids for a few days and enjoy being together. We haven't had very many of these trips but they are really fun and it makes you appreciate your little ones. This was my gift to Wade for our anniversary, of course it involved golf (as all good gifts for Wade do). It was also really good for me to rest and do nothing for a couple of days. Thank you Mom and Dad for watching our boys. It is really comforting to leave when you know they are in such great care.

Five Best Vacation Moments

  1. Golfing Torrey Pines. Not me but I rode in the cart with Wade and enjoyed the awesome scenery. Although I didn't golf Torrey Pines I did play a little croquet.
  2. Taking naps.
  3. Shopping with Wade. He was very nice and humored me. He hates to shop. I love to shop.
  4. Food. We ate burgers twice. I'm normally not a burger fan but occasionally burgers hit the spot. Red Velvet Cupcake (who knew red velvet was so good). Eating crab caught from the "Time Bandit" (Deadliest Catch a family favorite). I knew Wade wanted the crab when the menu explained who they purchase their crab from. He just couldn't resist.
  5. Coming home to a potty trained Daniel. I joked with my parents that I would give them 100 bucks if they would potty train him. I was kidding they were not I guess I will have to pay up. It is definitely worth $100. Thank you mom and dad.
Crappiest Moment of Vacation
  1. On the plane ride home the guy behind me vomited. I am in no condition to smell or listen to someone vomit. I had to focus on not throwing up myself. Wade was laughing I was not.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

I totally agree about married couple getting aways without the kids. It really reminds you why you married this person.

Wow, that's awesome that your parent potty trained Daniel while you were away. I would pay up too, it money worth spent.

As for the your plane ride, I feel for you and I don't think it was funny at all. Well, maybe a little!

Jen said...

Oh man, I'm gagging a little just thinking about that guy throwing up. I feel so bad for you.

Chrystie said...

Wow...I will totally pay your parents $200 to come and potty train Arden!!! We have been trying for a couple of days because she started trying to change her own dirty diapers (yuck). Let me know if they have any magical secrets I don't know about, this is my first time. Glad you had fun on your weekend!

Kim Ward said...

It looks like the scenery was beautiful. Glad you had a nice time. I thought about calling you like three times over the weekend and would then remember you were out of town. Glad you are home. By the way I think it should be a $1,000 dollar for a potty trained child. Think of the savings in diapers.

Heather said...

Jess. I'm sorry about the vomit!! I can't imagine. Glad to hear you got away for a few days of R&R. I'll have to call and get the scoop on the seafood place since we're heading down there in a few and want to try some nummy seafood.

Has Kathy ever backed down from a challenge? No surprises here that Daniel is potty trained!!

Sarah said...

what a nice trip it sounds like. always great to get away from the kiddos for a few days. sounds like a good time relaxing.
Way to go Kathy. Can't believe you came home to a diaper free little boy. Nice one. I would plan that every time. hope you are feeling well.

Nicole said...

I thought of hooking up with you in San Diego, David even suggested that you could watch our kids for our Anniversary. He was kidding. Glad you had fun.

Brandice said...

Mike and I went on a cruise once and when we came home Drew was WALKING. I asked my mother-in-law when he had taken his first steps and she said, "you guys were barely out of the driveway." So I missed out on that and of course the potty training was left to me instead. I think your parents rock.

I cracked up about the vomit. But I have to admit I have been the pregnant woman on a plane with someone vomiting, and the someone was me. Either way, smelling it or puking, it pretty much sucks.

By the way, I haven't seen you on TLC lately.... what's the deal?