The Fourth of July is my favorite holiday next to Christmas. I love the red, white, and blue theme everywhere. I love sweet cherries, watermelon, raspberries, soda, breakfasts, barbecue, and the best of all, fireworks! Spending time with family and enjoying the heat of the summer are also quite fun but the real reason I love the Fourth of July is because I'm so grateful to live in this country.
I was raised to be a proud citizen and exercise your right to vote. The first fight Wade and I ever had was when we were dating and I found out he had never voted. I was outraged. I realize now there were reasons he had not voted but truthfully I told him there were no excuses and reminded him of the absentee ballot. When I was in Israel on a study abroad I got an absentee ballot. Wade is now probably more into the political process than I am. I think if you don't vote don't complain. I love how the political process balances out.
I believe the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were inspired by God. The founding fathers were inspired and I am grateful for the Freedom we now have. I am thankful for the service men and women who fight to protect the freedoms that were fought for so many years ago. I hope we all realize how truly blessed we are to live in the land of the free. God Bless America!!
Friday, July 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Jessica good blog. I am proud to be an american. I am proud that you are so patriotic. Keep up the good work so that the boys feel the same way. Have a good trip to the lake.
The 4th is also my favorite next to Chritmas. Hope you have fun at Lake Powell
I too am thankful to live in America. I was sad not to be home on the fourth. I decided that I will not go away on vacation during the fourth again if I can help it.
I hope God really does bless America. She needs it right now!
I couldn't agree with you more. There isn't anywhere else I would wish to live.
I love the 4th of July too! I didn't do a very good job of explaining it to Arden this year, I will have to try harder next year to help her understand how lucky we are to live in America.
It's my favorite holiday hands-down, and Mike totally gives me crap because we celebrate it all year long. And I get all misty-eyed every time I hear the Star Spangled Banner, and my kids go, "Oh great.... mom's crying again," and they roll their eyes. So I have to get on the lecture soapbox and tell them they have no idea how good they've got it. How do you instill patriotism in your kids? Any suggestions?
What amazing blog! I agree the the 4th is also one of my favorites too!
Post a Comment