Last week we had a vacation planned for Lake Powell with the Olsen's. Lake Powell is my favorite vacation destination. We were all packed and ready to go when my father in-law called and said the air conditioner was broken on the house boat. Lake Powell in July is HOT! I am seven months pregnant and my father in-law had a back injury so the plan changed. Truthfully, I would have been floating in the water but I'm a water dog. So, we went to Tamarack, Idaho. It is about 100 miles northwest of Boise. It was an eight hour drive.... tooooooo long. Tamarack is a small ski town on a lake. The drive was beautiful and so was the view from the top of the ski lift. The boys really liked riding the ski lift and looking down. Wade, Todd, Jill and Wyatt rode mountain bikes down. Well, Todd rode for five minutes and took a fall which dislocated his clavicle. Now he needs surgery and has to miss the spud man triathlon. That is crappy!! Wade, Jill, and Wyatt said mountain biking was the best part of the trip but Todd disagreed. The kids and I spent time at the pool and I got a massage at the spa. Lake Powell might be my favorite place but there is no spa. We had a relaxing few days with the boys and Wade's family.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Tamarack, Idaho: Ever heard of it?
Last week we had a vacation planned for Lake Powell with the Olsen's. Lake Powell is my favorite vacation destination. We were all packed and ready to go when my father in-law called and said the air conditioner was broken on the house boat. Lake Powell in July is HOT! I am seven months pregnant and my father in-law had a back injury so the plan changed. Truthfully, I would have been floating in the water but I'm a water dog. So, we went to Tamarack, Idaho. It is about 100 miles northwest of Boise. It was an eight hour drive.... tooooooo long. Tamarack is a small ski town on a lake. The drive was beautiful and so was the view from the top of the ski lift. The boys really liked riding the ski lift and looking down. Wade, Todd, Jill and Wyatt rode mountain bikes down. Well, Todd rode for five minutes and took a fall which dislocated his clavicle. Now he needs surgery and has to miss the spud man triathlon. That is crappy!! Wade, Jill, and Wyatt said mountain biking was the best part of the trip but Todd disagreed. The kids and I spent time at the pool and I got a massage at the spa. Lake Powell might be my favorite place but there is no spa. We had a relaxing few days with the boys and Wade's family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had not heard about Tamarack. I'm glad you had a good trip. Sorry for Todd. I wish I were the one out of the race. (But I do not want to have a broken clavicle.)
Sounds like you had a good time. I have not heard of Tamarack. Maybe I'll go sometime.
Post a Comment