I love Tim McGraw and the song Red Rag Top. My i-pod was shuffling during breakfast and I wasn't really paying attention and then he asked what they were talking about in the song. Then I started listening. He said "What fun stuff are the boy and girl doing and why did she stop?" Well, my point is I guess I need to censor my music a little bit so I am not constantly explaining the meaning of a song. I told them they were kissing and she didn't want to anymore. I just made it up. He LISTENS to everything.-I unfortunately do not. That is not the first time he asked me to explain a song to him and I know it won't be the last. My sister told me along time ago to quit liking that song so much but I didn't listen. Hopefully I will choose my music more carefully.
It reminded me of when I was young and we would dance to Madonna. I remember when me and my friends decided to have family home evening together and we danced on the trampoline for our parents to "Like a Virgin". While practicing Karla suggested we pick a new song and we were like- no this is a great song. I never pay attention to what songs mean and I never even know what the lyrics say. From now on I will pay a little better attention.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah, I hear you. The girls in my cooking class last week were singing "I Kissed A Girl" and I said, "where did you guys hear that song?" and one of them said, "My mom listens to it all the time and I know all the words." These girls are 9, 10, and 11, and it freaked me out a bit. I don't want Chloe asking me why a girl likes some other girl's cherry chapstick, yet I know just down the hallway there is another daughter of mine who plays that song (and others like it) at full volume on her iPod as well. So do I think Chloe won't ever hear it? I don't know -- she probably will. And I'm not sure what I'll do about it. But thanks for the heads-up and reminder. You can never be too careful, huh. If you happen to figure out this whole mothering thing... let me in on it, okay?
jessica the oldies dont have near the problems.am 1060 you can hear a melody and understand the words. I hated that song like a virgin. I hated Madona. Dad
How funny...I know I probably need to pay more attention to the music I play too...I always have my iPod on shuffle like all day long. My mom hated the "Like a Virgin" song too, but I used to LOVE Madonna. I had no idea what any of it meant either :)
Funny cause I heard that I kissed a girl song and it has a catchy tune. But really not great lyrics. I'm ususally pretty good about the T.V. I watch in fron of the kids, but the last couple of days I've been kind of lax. Thanks for the reminder to be careful about what things I expose these little ones too.
Post a Comment