Friday, July 25, 2008

Flashback


My friend Sarah does Flashback Friday sometimes so I am going to copy her.

Yesterday, for some random reason, I had an intense memory of when Wade and I were dating. He was the Elders Quorum President and was doing visits with the High Councilman for our ward. I like to fly below the radar so it is pretty random that my boyfriend was the Elders Quorum President. I lived with my brother Jason and my friend Erin. I'll have to explain how we got around the honor code on that one another time.
It was Thursday and we were going to Wendover ( I know something else I'm not supposed to do) because non of us had classes on Friday. Jason was teaching Erin and I how to play craps on the floor of our apartment with a roll out craps table. For the record that little item belonged to Wade. We were waiting for him to finish his visits when their was a knock at the door we yelled come in because that is what you do in college. In walks Wade with the High Councilman for a visit. I'm sure it was one of his prouder moments to go to his girlfriends and us to be having a little gambling event. The high councilman was very nice and non judgemental (at least to our face). In fact I think he told Wade I was a keeper at that point.

I'm not sure why I remembered this or why I am writing it down other than it was super funny if you were there. That was one of many moments when I was the bad girl (but I really wasn't) and Wade was the good boy (facade). For the record I do not gamble and neither does Wade.
I know my parents will be proud to read this.

8 comments:

Kim Ward said...

I think it is fun to hear about when people were dating. We should get dad to write a few posts about dating Mom.

Nicole said...

Funny! You are a very good girl and you always do the right thing. I'm glad you are my sister.

Jerry said...

jessica I am glad you were a good girl and are a good lady. I like to be bad sometimes. chech out kims comments

Amanda said...

What a great story! I linked up through Shauna's blog. I'll have to add you to my must-reads!

Leslie said...

Great memory to record of your dating experience with your husband!

Jen said...

What is strange about that living arrangement? Erin is your cousin right?

Jocelyn said...

Ohhhh funny stories from the Wendover....so many stories....so little space in the comment section. Love Ya. Kisses and Hugs :)

Jen said...

When you changed to this background from thecutestblogontheblock.com how did you get rid of the old template colors?