Every year my extended family donates a tree for the festival. It started the year after my sweet cousin Truman died in a four wheeling accident. It has been a great way to honor important people who have gone before us. I really enjoy getting together with my aunts, sisters, mom, and cousins. This year we honored my Uncle Milo's mother. He was so happy to have this tree for her. My aunt Gayle had vinyl letter sign's made with little quotes she used to say. They were word's of wisdom. My mom and aunt's also make a beautiful quilt to go with the tree. This year our tree turned out really good. I think we get better each year!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Festival of Trees!
Every year my extended family donates a tree for the festival. It started the year after my sweet cousin Truman died in a four wheeling accident. It has been a great way to honor important people who have gone before us. I really enjoy getting together with my aunts, sisters, mom, and cousins. This year we honored my Uncle Milo's mother. He was so happy to have this tree for her. My aunt Gayle had vinyl letter sign's made with little quotes she used to say. They were word's of wisdom. My mom and aunt's also make a beautiful quilt to go with the tree. This year our tree turned out really good. I think we get better each year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a wonderful tradition to honor a love one. That so great to get together with the people you love and create wonderful memories.
I love the festival! You put a lot of work into that tree. I love the exploding thing at the top and the quilt is GORGEOUS. I only support the festival by going and buying a scone and a few of those felt/candy things for the kids. And divinity.
That is a great tradition. I was wondering who you were honoring this year. I really wanted to get down to the Festival to see your tree, but didn't. It looks very pretty.
Jess. I really liked the top of your tree and the colors you chose. I liked the quotes, and I loved the quilt. Nice job, once again.
I never made it to the actual festival this year. I wish I could have seen your tree.
Post a Comment