Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Top Gun
Last night I was folding the laundry (it was Monday and I only do this on Monday) and Wade was flipping the channels. Top Gun was on some cable channel like TV Land or something. I made him stop. Everytime that show is on I get sucked in. I remember watching it for the first time in 4th grade with Allison Barney. My dad rented it for us and I remember him calling it trash (he also loves this show). Well it is my kind of trash. It is a great movie. It entertains me and takes me to a different world. I don't need every movie to speak to me and make me want to be better. I get plenty of that with my own guilt. I love movies because for a couple of short hours you feel like you are in a different world. Wade also likes this show. We watch for different reasons he loves airplanes and the military and I love the volleyball scene. I know all the Tom Cruise haters will be disappointed with this blog but I can't help it I still like him even if he is crazy (who isn't)!
P.S. When Wade stopped on this show Jack suggested we turn it back to something educational. I told him to go to bed. Also Wade asked him if he would want to fly fighter planes and he looked at him like he was dumb and said "Do you shoot at people?" Wade replied "yes" Jack said "well then people shoot back at you and I'm not interested in that" I was thrilled and sent him to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Jackson is the funniest kid! I love how smart and inquisitive he is and I like his matter-of-fact nature. I'm a little older than you are, so my Top Gun memories are from Junior High. We watched it over and over and over again.
Gotta love the volley ball scene.
I love Jack! I'm laughing out loud.
I love Top Gun too. So many parts of it are classic. Great show when I didn't think Tom Cruise was a weirdo! But he is an actor, it's sort of his job.
Love Top Gun. I also love how smart Jack is. He's a crack up.
I have to agree with Jack. I don't want people shooting at me either!
Post a Comment