
Today I had a flashback of when Jack was about two years old. We bought Apple Jacks at the store and he asked me"Do they have Apple Truey's too?" I said "no" and tried to explain it but he didn't get it. Truman is Jack's cousin and just thought if they had Apple Jacks why wouldn't they have Apple Truey's. So for the next year he called them both Apple Jacks and Apple Truesy's. He eventually caught on and understood the cereal wasn't named for him specifically. So today at breakfast it was just Daniel and I and we had Apple Jacks and he started calling them Apple Dan's, Apple Mom's, and Apple Dad's etc... you get the point. I tried to explain it and then asked what kind of cereal he wanted and he said" Pops Dan." He obviously wasn't understanding but I just loved how he thought there should be a cereal named after everyone especially him and if it couldn't be Apple Jacks then it could by Pops.
Children are so innocent and such sponges. They listen and pick up on more than you think. I sometimes wish I looked at things from a more childlike perspective. I love watching my kids grow and understand and it is especially fun when you watch the second child do exactly the same things as the first. I just hope to be better at documenting the funny things. I am not so good with the baby books and scrapbooks and I am finding that my memory is not so great. So I am going to try to post some of the things I think are funny or want to remember at some point.
Facials are among my guilty pleasures and every time I go Dixie (the facial lady) tells me something she heard about Jack or Dan. ALL of my in-laws go to Dixie and so she hears about my kids all the time. She always says I hope you are writing this stuff down and I am not so now I am going to try.
My Grandma was a great scrapbook er and letter writer. Her scrapbooks were not fancy but she got them done. I am now realizing she was way ahead of her time and if she were alive today she could be way into the scrap booking but probably not because she would think of all the waste of time, paper, and money. I love to read her letters to my mom and also her love letters to my grandpa (they had quite the passion). It gives great insight into their family life. So I am going to attempt to document our lives a little better. If I look at my journals I see incomplete books that span over 30 years and very few pages. This is my attempt at doing better. My point in this rambling is that I need to write stuff down. President Hinckley said we should keep journal and document our lives and I never really knew what to write about but i guess it doesn't matter as long as it is a reflection of your life. My life is random so, naturally my writing is as well. Hopefully it will improve with time!
P.S. I do feed my kids healthy breakfasts not just sugar cereal. We usually have oatmeal or eggs but occasionally I do let them pick a "kid"cereal. And yes I do get facials and I have been semi-trying to keep it a secret from my mom but I know she knows and has for years.
7 comments:
I never knew about apple jack's or apple truey's. Very cute story. I love you and your boys and I love being a mom with my sisters.
That's a great story about Apple Dan's. Kids are the best. I think it's great you get weekly facials. And I agree, this blogging thing is great for recording STUFF.
Jess..you are funny. I love that you are trying to keep your facials a secret from your mom. Sounds like someone else I know trying to keep his car secret from his mom.
Maybe when you and your sisters market your syrup you can call it Dan's. Oh wait! You could tell Daniel he has a grocery store named after him!
It truly an amazing thing to experience life through the eyes of a child. They truly enjoy what life have to offer and see the wonder of it. You're truly lucky to get to be part of their lives.
I agree with you, it's so hard for me also to keep track the recording of their lives and I'm trying harder. I do keep an little notebook in the kitchen and record in there anything special my kids had just said or did, that I want to remember. It's not much but at least I have something recorded.
Now I am craving a bowl of Apple Jen's. I better make a trip to the store tonight.
Hey Jess!
I saw your name on Sarah's blog page and wondered if it was one of my long lost Ricks friends. You look so great and have such a cute family! I am glad that you are doing so well.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Post a Comment