Monday, May 19, 2008

Questions?

I overheard Jack teaching Daniel where Paris, France is.

Now they are looking for China. Too bad the globe is upside down!


Jack asks a lot of questions. These are some of my favorites from the past two or three days.

  1. Mom have you ever been startled by a coiling rattlesnake?
  2. How is lightning created? Does it charge up or down? (like I know)
  3. What does the past mean? What does the future mean?
  4. What is Iron? Is it on the periodic chart?
  5. So what do you want to do today?
  6. Can we read a book?
  7. Where is heaven? Is it all around us?
  8. How far away is Jupiter? Would it explode if it touched the sun?
  9. How do you make Coke Zero?
  10. How many more months until the baby? This one makes time stand still.
  11. Are you smarter or is my Dad?
As you can see he is very inquisitive. Sometimes I don't have an answer and I often tell him to call Grandpa. I do this for two reasons. First he leaves me alone and second my Dad loves phone calls from his grand kids. He is a very fun boy and I'm glad he is so smart it definitely keeps me on my toes. I'm pretty sure I have learned more being his mom than I ever did in my many years of school. I'm so glad he is my little boy and I love watching him learn. Too bad I'm not as smart as he is.

9 comments:

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

LOL! He is so smart! What five year old knows about the periodic chart?

Heather said...

He's got lots of Larsen and Truman in him. Do you ever wonder what he'll be when he grows up?

Turpin Times said...

How does he know what a periodic chart is? I don't think I knew what that was until I was in junior high. What a smart kid!

Leslie said...

That's is so sweet! I also love the questions your children asks you, not only are the questions are inquisitive but they truly believe you know the answer. They definitely keep you on your toes.

Jen said...

Do you just love this age where they can't stop asking you questions? You should keep a running log of all the funny questions your boys ask. My friend does this on her blog along the side so that you can always see the funny things her girl says.

Nicole said...

Jack is so smart. He is a great boy and friend to my boys and I am glad that they are close.

Kirstin Schmidt said...

That little smarty pants!! You have adorable boys! I'm glad you are writing these down. Jack and Dan will be grateful for such a great memory!! The funny things kids say! Hey, How come I'm not one of your blogger friends? It's allright, I see how it is!! J/K

Kim Ward said...

I commented on this yesterday but I guess it didn't work. How is he so smart? And where does he come up with this stuff? Ligthening charge up or down? what do you guys talk about?

Jerry said...

Jessica dont discourage him about his questins. They are great. He only gets smarter as he gets answers. I am glad he is so smart.