Tuesday, March 10, 2009

art

Jack has been taking art lessons with Truman & Isaac this winter. They love going and are all presently going to be artists. I wanted Jack to take art because he like me is intimated by art. I remember my beastly Kindergarten teacher (Mrs. Pig Nielsen) told me my drum from a coffee can was ugly. I've never really gotten over it. So I wanted Jackson to have more confidence than I. They also took art in the summer. I love what he is learning and the progress they make. It reaffirms that some things can be taught. Truman loves art and Jack & Isaac originally tagged along but now they love it. Yesterday Jack told me he wanted to be an art teacher. I think Miss Chris is doing a fabulous job. The boys have had a great time and can't wait to sign up again in the summer. Here are some samples. I promise to this day I can't draw this well (just ask Wade my Pictionary partner . . .by default).



This is a duck in a pond!

This is a sheep.

Sea Turtle


Fire Truck that I couldn't get to rotate.

When I worked at PBK we used kid art in the gallery frames and people always wanted to buy them. I never understood why they didn't use their own kids art. That is what makes it special. I plan on framing a couple of these and enjoying this PRICELESS art!

13 comments:

Turpin Times said...

These are awesome! By the way, I can tell what they are, you don't have to put it on there. :)Good work Jack!

Jocelyn said...

I love these Jess. They are so cute. I think Jack has some real talent. You can tell him I think his pics are worthy of framing. BTW...you artistic talents have really come a long way since the drum in kindergarten. :)

Chrystie said...

Wow! Those are great! Jack is a great little artist.

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

The pictures are amazing. Jack is way better than me! Let me know when the Summer classes are, I want Jake to take them so we don't have anymore incidences of dementor baby chicken pictures.

Sarah said...

what a talented little boy. love it. definitely frame these for sure.

Heather said...

Nice work Jack! Michael wants James to be an artist so I might be asking for the art class info in a few years.

Jen said...

Wow-those are impressive pictures.

Leslie said...

AMAZING!!!

Cheri said...

I'm so proud of Jack. I think these pictures are so good. I bet you are so proud too. What a talented kid.

Kirstin Schmidt said...

I am impressed!! Glad he was able to find is artistic side!! I remember at the beginning of the year he didn't even want to pull out a crayon on kids day!!

Kim Ward said...

Those are great, I think Andrew needs something like this.

Kris said...

Great pictures!!!

Nicole said...

Art is really fun. They love it. I hope that they will appreciate artistic things and feel more confident in their artistic skills. I also hope Miss Chris can handle them.