Friday, March 13, 2009

Nasty soup!!!

I've been trying to cook lately and occasionally I find recipes on stranger's/acquaintances blogs. Yes, I sometimes blog stalk. I have one blog I randomly read for entertainment and ideas. This person seems like they are very talented and quite a gourmet chef. Twice now I have snagged recipes from her and tried to duplicate them and they suck (pardon my language). I'm not the best cook in the world but I can usually follow a recipe adequately. I'm thinking she gets one more chance and then I might find some new stranger/acquaintances to stalk. The recipe claimed I would never eat tomato soup from a can again. I think she should know Campbell's is better than that and it requires zero effort. Jackson told me repeatedly how gross the soup was. I should have been angry with him for being disrespectful but it was gross. I can't blame him.

The moral of the story is be careful who you blog stalk. Some people like nasty food. Also in fairness to my pretend friend everyone even the Barefoot Contessa has foul recipes.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry about the soup. All I can figure is some people just like nasty stuff.

Jen said...

Truer statements have never been said. It is a crap shot when getting recipes off the web.

Sherwoods said...

Hey, next time you come to Mexico, stop in Mexico city and come see us! We would love to have you and your cute family come visit! I am sure our boys would love playing together!

Leslie said...

This is so true! So sorry that you had to taste that junk!

Cheri said...

I agree. I made the Contessa's scones and they were so salty.. even my teenage boys wouldn't eat them. I can see Jack saying that because you always seem to make good food. So he was probably a bit confused as to why he was eating yucky food.. funny..

Kim Ward said...

Remember Gorbanzo bean soup from growing up? IT smelt like poop and I don't think it tasted much better. Hopefully it was better than that.

Natty said...

I like the blog favfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com. They have really good slow cooker shredded pork that Chris loves. I hope your kiddos are feeling better. Drake's stats per your request: 17lbs 3oz, 26in. I realize Luke weighs more, but he is significantly longer too I'm sure. My babe is rolly polly!

The Taylor Family said...

spill it.....who was it!