The sickness hasn't taken a breath at our house. Emily thought I should write down the Winter sickness we have experienced. I'm so over it.
- Dec. Strep Throat-Jackson & Daniel
- January-Luke Croup
- February- RSV Luke
- February-Jackson Stomach Flu with Fever
- February-Daniel Stomach Flu with Fever
- March -Jackson Pneumonia with High Fevers
- March-Luke Ear Infection
- March-Daniel Pink Eye
- March Luke Staph infection on top of head
- March Daniel broken collar bone. (falling out of bed in the middle of the night)
This winter has been crappy. I can't wait for constant sun and heat. I will not complain in the middle of July and it's 105. I can't wait for 105. Jackson has missed like 12 days of school (good thing he is in Kindergarten). Hopefully we can get rid of the current Staph infection on Luke's head. (caused most likely from his eczema). Also hopefully Daniel will quit jumping off things so his collar bone can heal. He broke it in his sleep! Who breaks bones in their sleep? He is wild and I wouldn't be surprised if he broke something but during sleep...come on! I'm beginning to be embarrassed to call Dr. Doug I'm not a sickly person but apparently my kids are. It is very annoying. I'm not the Queen of Clean or anything but I'm no Sally Cardin either (only some will understand). Nicole I AM using Clorox Cleanup. She doesn't want me using some fruffy, yummy smelling, green cleaner. I'm using the strong stuff. Got to go now it's time to wash some more blankets & towel's so we don't spread staph or pink eye.
Oh I forgot Jack had a root canal yesterday! And Roxy (the dog) has a thyroid problem & an eye infection!
15 comments:
Sorry you had a rough go of it. Lexie woke up this morning and wasn't acting herself. She was subdued and quiet and feel back asleep a couple of times while lying by me. She then proceeded to vomit three times. She seems to be better now.
I'm so sorry Jess. It's been bad for us the last few weeks, but not as bad as you. I'm not sure that we're done, though. Hang in there, first day of Spring is tomorrow. Wish that meant last of the sicknesses, but it just means it getting closer!! Love the Sally Cardon comment.
Hang in there! I agree with you -- can't wait for 105. Unfortunately I am married to a cold weather person who would rather it be -10 all year round. With fresh powder, of course.
You are a trooper. Seriously.
It has been a rough winter at the Olsen home. I feel like we have experienced enough as well but not like you guys. It is time to be done.
Okay, I dont talk to you for 3 days and ..... staph, seriously???? What? A broken collar bone in his SLEEP?!? I hope next week is SOOOOO much better for you!! Mine wont be:( Poor Gavin.
Oh my goodness, no one should go through all those sickness in a year. Poor you!!!
Wow...I knew you guys were sick at lot this year, but I hadn't heard about the collarbone (Poor Daniel!!!) and the staph..yikes. I am so sorry, let me know if you need any help with anything!
OH MY GOSH! That's all I have to say...I'm at a complete loss of words for that one! Can I help with anything?
Sounds like we aren't the only ones with the BUG!! The worst is when everyone is sick!! Isaac has missed a ton of school, I won't be surprised if they ask him to repeat Kindergarten, but I refuse to send my kid to school with boogers hanging down his face!! I too hope the sunshine will come and we can get over this ickiness allready!! Love the list! I will send some well wishes your way!!
I hadn't heard about the collar bone, holy cow! Please get better fast, we miss you! Drew no longer likes church because Daner is not there.
when it rains it pours- sorry for all the nastiness in the house- we have been right there with ya.
What bad luck! I guess my bronchitis can't really compete with all of that. Good luck getting everyone better. I too am spending my day today disinfecting my house. Fun
So Sorry.
When Emma was in kindergarten and Sam was a baby we were literally sick from November to March. I thought I was going to die! I remember reading Marjorie Hinckley's book "Letters" and feeling better. In it there is a journal entry that says she was so excited because they finally got to go to church after months and months of illness. It was nice to have someone like her understand. I will send some healthy spring wishes your way! I'm sorry you have had so much junk!
Post a Comment